Author Topic: Even chances.  (Read 686 times)

Offline Nimrod45

• Copper Member
Even chances.
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 11:29:42 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
You can avoid 8 - .50 cals at 1.5k?  

:aok

Only if I am praying harder than the guy who does spray and pray at 1.5k!!!

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
Even chances.
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 11:52:11 AM »
Originally posted by Nimrod45
Very, Very seldom,  in fact almost so rare as to be nonexistant are you locked into a HO without an option, if you see it coming then you can do something about it.

I see you don't fly the heavies then! Or, at least, you fly them the way they're supposed to be flown!

I can't tell you how many times I've been slow on the deck in a jug in a multi plane engagement, only to see an La-7 closing fast from 2.0k out. You know he's going to try to HO. The Jug wallowing around, controls mushy, best I can do is nose down one way or the other when he's in range, presenting him a front quarter deflection shot. If he takes it and gets hits, he doesn't consider it a HO, but given my options, I was locked in to either HO myself, or give him that shot. I'll almost always give up the shot and not HO, but you can see how the only option I have other than the HO is a somewhat negative one.

I agree with you though that with equal E, there is pretty much no way you can be locked into a HO without an option.

Offline Nimrod45

• Copper Member
Even chances.
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 11:56:39 AM »
Very good point Trotter, if your energy doesn't allow you an option your in a pickle, or if you are in a big bomber.  Also you are right I don't fly the heavy fighters very much at all.

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
Even chances.
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 12:21:36 PM »
I like HO's, because if the person your fighting against (me) has an idea of what they're doing, it puts you at a big disadvantage. They also result in both planes taking damage most of the time.

Overall, HO'ing is a bad decision, and shows a lack of skill, because if you had skill you'd realize that it was a bad decision.

So when I see someone try to HO me, I think "sweet, this should be easy."

Offline froger

• Silver Member
Even chances.
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 06:39:49 PM »
Yeppers...

<-------they aint real but they aint bad to look at   :aok :aok :aok

:noid
frogs are people too