Author Topic: Skyrock, heres that film of the 'ho'  (Read 10488 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Skyrock, heres that film of the 'ho'
« Reply #360 on: July 27, 2007, 03:25:57 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
Wrong!!!!!!!!  You should know better.

Mark

Mark, I do know better, but I also 'know' you a bit, learned over time.  But I'd like to think I'm a bit older and wiser

To a newbie coming in, in particular some 'sqeaker", that's what he's gonna see.  Who is this SR guy who runs his mouth and acts like that.  Is this how I'm supposed to act in this game? etc etc

I'd like to think that the way Corky comes across is clear.  

This is just a game.  There is nothing in it worth getting worked up about.  No one dies, and planes are free so dive in and have fun.  

I'd like to believe a newbie coming in, sees Corky and says based on how I come across.

It's ok to make a mistake, I don't need to be perfect and as long as I'm having fun, it's all good.

I'm not telling you to change SR's persona Mark.  That's up to you and if you are having fun, so be it.

Just keep in mind the impact such a visible persona has on players, in particular new ones.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #361 on: July 27, 2007, 03:26:56 PM »
The proper term for what Dan does is self deprecating humor. Dan pokes fun at himself. It puts others at ease, knowing that he has a sense of humor, and does not think too much of himself. It is real and genuine.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #362 on: July 27, 2007, 03:27:56 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
I know you do not go around in real life belittling yourself as much as you do on these boards.

I think the proper term would be "humble" ... Dan posts in a "humbling" manner ... I have never taken the context of any of Dan's postings, about himself and what he does in the game, as "belittling" ... big difference.

I would presume him to be a humble and courteous person in RL ... just as he is here in the game and on the BBS.
Big difference in constantly implying you suck, and being humble! :aok  I have nothing negative to say about Dan/CorkyJr.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 03:30:02 PM by SkyRock »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #363 on: July 27, 2007, 03:34:08 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
The proper term for what Dan does is self deprecating humor. Dan pokes fun at himself. It puts others at ease

Exactly!   I understand what he does, but it is definitely not my style.  Trying to compare my style to his, and saying that his style trumps my style, is going against the exact advice that he and Slap are trying to give!  I do not play the game to put others at ease, I play to shove it in your face!  Now, that is very different than how I might act in real life, hence, the difference in my ingame personna, and my real life person.  Really simple!

Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #364 on: July 27, 2007, 03:37:02 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Mark, I do know better, but I also 'know' you a bit, learned over time.  But I'd like to think I'm a bit older and wiser

To a newbie coming in, in particular some 'sqeaker", that's what he's gonna see.  Who is this SR guy who runs his mouth and acts like that.  Is this how I'm supposed to act in this game? etc etc

I'd like to think that the way Corky comes across is clear.  

This is just a game.  There is nothing in it worth getting worked up about.  No one dies, and planes are free so dive in and have fun.  

I'd like to believe a newbie coming in, sees Corky and says based on how I come across.

It's ok to make a mistake, I don't need to be perfect and as long as I'm having fun, it's all good.

I'm not telling you to change SR's persona Mark.  That's up to you and if you are having fun, so be it.

Just keep in mind the impact such a visible persona has on players, in particular new ones.

That was very well said.  I have considered your words to be wise in the past, and these are wise words,  except for the elitist, holier than thou, tone!

This is a game about war.  This is a game about fighting.  This is not a competition game about who can be the most humble!

Mark
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 03:41:54 PM by SkyRock »

• Platinum Member
« Reply #365 on: July 27, 2007, 03:43:41 PM »
Trying to compare my style to his, and saying that his style trumps my style, is going against the exact advice that he and Slap are trying to give!
Mark

No, it is not. But you are free to continue to believe whatever you wish.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #366 on: July 27, 2007, 03:44:36 PM »
No, it is not.

Don't stop, explaing how it is not.

Mark

• Platinum Member
« Reply #367 on: July 27, 2007, 03:49:54 PM »
Don't stop, explaing how it is not.

Mark

I don't think you'd listen, as you have not listened so far, because it is not what you want to hear. You'll continue to justify how you act online no matter what anyone tells you. Eight pages later you continue to do so. I do not expect anything to change.

SaVaGe

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #368 on: July 27, 2007, 03:53:51 PM »
you are free to continue to believe whatever you wish.

Thanks, SaVaGe.

Mark

Offline Bolo6

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Cmon.
« Reply #369 on: July 27, 2007, 04:24:48 PM »
I feel bad for even writing this but having spent so much time reading this, I now feel obligated.
Regarding the HO. It was a tactic used in RL when the situation dictated. I have no idea why it is so detested in this game.If you play the game from a historical sim standpoint, then yes, it is a valid way to get kills. If you play like it is a fly around and kill game then it is a bad thing. The great thing is both are true and there is enough room in the game for everyone to play how they like.
As far as SR's banter, I have seen it and mostly thought, this guys has problems someone with a Doctorate needs to address. I find it interesting that he states the banter is not to be taken seriously and it does not reflect the real him, however we are to take seriously the bio he posted. Along that line, I would ask if SR teaches the youth in his PE class to act the same way towards competition that he does in the MA. It makes you wonder. I do give him kudos for this. He must be extremely talented to be able to fly and type all of the crap that he does. My flying time is spent mostly dying interspersed with brief, but glorious moments of ariel wizardry (dumb luck) when I get a kill. Sometimes I eve land em.
For the record, I will shoot to kill from any angle I can at any opportunity I get. maybe one day I will be as good as most of you guys and I will be able to pick and choose my kills shots. Till then watch ur 12!

That is all I have for now.
Bolo6 Actual out.
:noid

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: Cmon.
« Reply #370 on: July 27, 2007, 04:37:05 PM »
Originally posted by Bolo6

As far as SR's banter, I have seen it and mostly thought, this guys has problems someone with a Doctorate needs to address.

Funny, my comments on 200 are related to how one plays the game, yet you feel what you are doing here, is just fine?

I find it interesting that he states the banter is not to be taken seriously and it does not reflect the real him, however we are to take seriously the bio he posted.

you do not know me in the least, I gave you an accurate biography, and you imply that I am lying.  So, what I do on 200 is much worse than what you are doing in this post?  Have you ever spoken with me on vox in the game?  Do you have anything other than 200 channel bantor(which is optional) to base your attacks on?  What you have done in this post, in my opinion, is far worse anything that I have typed out on 200!

Mark

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #371 on: July 27, 2007, 04:39:12 PM »
My flying time is spent mostly dying interspersed with brief, but glorious moments of ariel wizardry (dumb luck) when I get a kill. Sometimes I eve land em.
For the record, I will shoot to kill from any angle I can at any opportunity I get. maybe one day I will be as good as most of you guys and I will be able to pick and choose my kills shots. Till then watch ur 12!

Most people are only as good as they are because they stopped trying to get kills any way they could and started trying to apply Air to Air combat techniques to gain the advantage and set up a kill shot.

AS long as you fight by the luck method you will only be lucky not good.  

If you really want to be good then abandon your spray and pray and learn how to fight.  The only way to learn how to fight is actually getting in fights.

If your first move is a ho, then all you learned is how to pull the trigger.  Most people that have a clue will just avoid you waste of bullets anyway, reverse you and take the easy kill you offered by being ignorant in the way of the Peelot jedi.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #372 on: July 27, 2007, 05:04:37 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
Most people are only as good as they are because they stopped trying to get kills any way they could and started trying to apply Air to Air combat techniques to gain the advantage and set up a kill shot.

AS long as you fight by the luck method you will only be lucky not good.  

If you really want to be good then abandon your spray and pray and learn how to fight.  The only way to learn how to fight is actually getting in fights.

If your first move is a ho, then all you learned is how to pull the trigger.  Most people that have a clue will just avoid you waste of bullets anyway, reverse you and take the easy kill you offered by being ignorant in the way of the Peelot jedi.
I'm quoting mars, but this is for Bolo6.  
Widewing is one of the best sticks in the game, and he is a very patient teacher.  I would suggest taking this quote from mars to heart and finding widewing in the TA!:aok
Mark

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #373 on: July 27, 2007, 05:50:19 PM »
That was very well said.  I have considered your words to be wise in the past, and these are wise words,  except for the elitist, holier than thou, tone!

This is a game about war.  This is a game about fighting.  This is not a competition game about who can be the most humble!

Mark

You said it twice Mark :)

This is a game.

If it were about war, then the gloves come off, but it's not.  That's not being holier then thou.  If that's how you percieve my tone, I'm sorry.

Clearly what the game does for you and what it does for me are different things.

I'm not out to be the best fighter jockey the cartoon world has ever seen.  I love that the game provides me an outlet for all those years of diving into the history and lets me play at being what  my heros really did.

Correct me if I'm wrong.  One of your goals is that people learn more then just HO and run and that they take the time to learn ACM and maybe have a clue about the planes they are flying.

Don't you believe that how we as vets in this game influences how the new guys respond to things?  Don't we have a bit of responsibilty to help them understand what's best about the game?

If that's holier then thou, then I'm guilty.  To me it's just passing on what the vets passed on to me when I got going in these games.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #374 on: July 27, 2007, 06:29:18 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35

This is a game.

Clearly what the game does for you and what it does for me are different things.

Yes, Dan, it is just a game.  And the second quote hear is very important.

I feel though, you are implying that what I do has no positive influences and that noone out there likes to play the way I do.  Clearly there is a percentage of players in both categories that enjoy my way as well!  SR is definitely not the poster child for humble respected vet guy, nor is it my intention to promote SR as one.  There will be folks that are completely entertained by SR's antics, and some that will hate the air he breathes.  As it should be.  

I enjoy what I do, and I have helped many, many players find much confidence in themselves through this game.   I will continue to help people, especially those who show the balls required to ask for help.  I might even "provoke" some into finding strengths in them they did not even know existed.  

Please, know that I respect your style, Dan.  It was how I was raised, and if I ever get the chance to meet you in real life, you can expect to see a humble teacher, definitely not SkyRock!

friend

Mark