Author Topic: New Map In Ew.  (Read 2321 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
New Map In Ew.
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2007, 02:50:32 PM »
Originally posted by NHawk

Nhawk I like the overall feel of your map, but I think it limits the use of CV's for overall game strategy. That and it looking like the set up might cause a natural ganging up on the lower middle country.

I figured I'd toss of a simple idea on a re-arrangement of your map idea. Just something that puts the CV's more into play and maybe opens up the map a little more.

I've never mapped for AH, hope to in the future, but I've built maps for other games, so I think it's good for mappers to share ideas. So from one mapper to another, I wanted to post an idea for a revision or an idea for a second map based off your new one that would put the CV's more into play.

of course the bases would need to be moved around a bit to make things even, but just wanted to toss up a general idea.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 02:53:20 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
New Map In Ew.
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2007, 03:09:26 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
(Image removed from quote.)

Great idea crockett !!!

To bring it to another level ... move the yellow HQ to 7,14 close to that airbase. Move the orange HQ in 15,9 a little closer to the airbase in 14,9.

Then, open waterways to each countries HQ so that a CV could cruise towards the HQs ... if they can sneak it in there. I would put multiple (more that 2) shore batterys in the bay areas in front of the HQs for protection until air support could arrive.

This would provide some other type of attack on HQ rather than deep bombing strikes and at the same time provide the need to pay attention to your HQ and defend the crap out of it.

As it is now ... if a deep bomber strike takes down HQ ... it can be resupplied before the bombers can land. Maybe with the ability to strike an HQ, and then have the ability strike the re-supply, it could provide more fun and urgency.

Just a thought.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 03:11:35 PM by SlapShot »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
New Map In Ew.
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2007, 10:13:12 PM »
Love the map, looks great! & I like the proposed improvements too. I just wish there was a way we could stop the tendency to horde. Just left the MA &  I was a rook there. Seems rooks hording bish  in west & knits hording rooks in the south. No idea whats up with knit/bish front but there was one, which is an improvement from last night.

I made 10 or so requests for assistance from rooks for the 3 full dar bars of knits steamrolling the south bases, but couldnt get the rook horde to snap out of there toolshedder mode.

AH = Aces Horde:(
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
New Map In Ew.
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2007, 10:18:39 PM »
I did find a couple good even fights, but they just dont last very long. Seems either 1 side or the other gets numbers advantage then the other side moves elsewhere.
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
New Map In Ew.
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2007, 02:04:39 AM »
loggd off for a couple hours, went back in & found lasting battles of relatively even numbers & had a great time. Go figure.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
New Map In Ew.
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2007, 10:54:53 AM »
Originally posted by Atoon
I did find a couple good even fights, but they just dont last very long. Seems either 1 side or the other gets numbers advantage then the other side moves elsewhere.

This is not a map problem.

Offline Enduro

• Silver Member
New Map In Ew.
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2007, 11:21:25 AM »
Originally posted by Atoon

I made 10 or so requests for assistance from rooks for the 3 full dar bars of knits steamrolling the south bases, but couldnt get the rook horde to snap out of there toolshedder mode.

Did you say anything about cold beer in the mess hall?

Thank you for the new map, NHawk!    It was needed so badly.
TBolt
Last edited by hitech on 09-08-2004 at 10:51 AM for flaming everone.

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
New Map In Ew.
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2007, 12:02:33 PM »
Originally posted by scottydawg
This is not a map problem.

agreed, thats why I said I love the map:aok