Author Topic: Warping by taking screen shots  (Read 414 times)

Offline GlassJaw

• Copper Member
Warping by taking screen shots
« on: August 11, 2007, 01:19:26 PM »
I've run into a few pilots who seem to think that a valid dogfighting tactic is to take screen shots when someone gets on their 6 and they are manuvering.  This lets them warp on demand.  Not exactly a bug but a game feature thats being expoited.  This screen shot feature needs to be eliminated since its being misused.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 01:28:54 PM by GlassJaw »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 03:03:43 PM »
I think it only "warps" on there end. When you take the screen shot, those with low ram resources will get a quick studder as the computer thrashes to get the screen saved to the HD.

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 10:28:07 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
I think it only "warps" on there end. When you take the screen shot, those with low ram resources will get a quick studder as the computer thrashes to get the screen saved to the HD.

Correct here as I thought of that once when I had a slower system and it would freeze up for a second and then go.  Asked and it is only on thier end... The worse case for the guy taking a screenshot, when he comes out of his shot he is dead... :D
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline GlassJaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 07:29:54 PM »
Incorrect... let me backup and say that I never actually tried this one because I trusted the source and just believed it to be true.  So when met with skeptisism I went out and tried it.  Yes, the other guy does see you warp when you take a picture, not just you.  This needs to be fixed.  I'm tired of running into these cheaters... you know who you are.

Originally posted by Sketch
Correct here as I thought of that once when I had a slower system and it would freeze up for a second and then go.  Asked and it is only on thier end... The worse case for the guy taking a screenshot, when he comes out of his shot he is dead... :D

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 08:32:09 PM »
They think that because it was done a lot on Air Warrior--doesn't work in here. WHAT is the purpose of your factually deficient tirade against Aces High?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline GlassJaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 08:39:50 PM »
Actually just tested it a couple of hours ago with squaddies, they saw warpage when photos were taken.  Try it.

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 06:30:32 AM »
58 posts in 3 years, that is 1.52 posts per month, maybe you should stick to this trend.:aok

NOT

AKNOT

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 09:05:55 AM »
Half of those are all within the past week, too.

I've seen folks do the screenshot warp. Redtop and I were in p51s diving on Ju88s... Red was in perfect position when the guy took some screenshots rigth away, warped 2k behind where he was, Red lost his shot. I was 1k behind Red, so when he was done warping I was able to kill one of his bombers. They do it.

However, that's not the point. The point is glassjaw's trying to get attention, or something. Nobody can be that naive. It's an act.