Author Topic: Luftwaffe Video  (Read 230 times)

Offline BennyBeaver

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Luftwaffe Video
« on: July 30, 2007, 04:24:09 PM »
this is a 4 minute luftwaffe video i made today. It is my first video i have ever made. The music is called Luftwaffe March. I would like comments and questions to help my work get any better. I tried to make it as realistic as possible. Some white spots appear and its a little choppy. I think that helps add to the realism of this video. Tell me what you think! :) I also did text in german. Dont call me a nazi for this im expressing my interest for the luftwaffe. reason choppy is cause of fraps. morder in-game name

click here

btw i posted here because it gets more attention. Feel free to move it
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 04:26:13 PM by BennyBeaver »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Luftwaffe Video
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 04:31:15 PM »
First of all, we have a forum for this specifically. At least post it there first, then maybe in here if you think it hasn't got enough attention in that forum.

The film is nearly unviewable. It's a slideshow. You were trying to run fraps while playing, is my guess.

Fly, turn on film recorder. When done, turn off. Exit game. Load fraps, start film viewer and then record from film viewer (using full screen mode in film viewer). Then you don't get the crappy fps chop.

EDIT: On second glance it looks like you're trying to capture things at too large a resolution. Try turning it way down and capturing it. You won't get as many problems at 256 resolution as you will at 1024.

Offline BennyBeaver

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Luftwaffe Video
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 04:32:39 PM »
i did

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Luftwaffe Video
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 04:33:27 PM »
Heh, I just edited. Try turning down your fraps capture resolution to something more managable.

Offline BennyBeaver

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Luftwaffe Video
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 04:34:28 PM »
it was on 30

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Luftwaffe Video
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 04:38:27 PM »
No, not the fps, the screen resolution. The "www.fraps.com" is very small, and there's lots of detail, leading me to believe that you're trying to capture at 1024x768 or better screen resolution, 30x a second (which isn't going to work for the majority of computers....)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Luftwaffe Video
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 04:45:02 PM »
He's slow Krusty, slow it down.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Luftwaffe Video
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 04:48:05 PM »
Let me put it in no uncertain terms: There's a setting in fraps. Not just the fps (which you have set to 30). This setting determines how tall and how wide the captured video is.

Make it too large and the system works too hard to capture it (slowing your screen down to a slide show). Making it shorter and narrower (make the height and width smaller) and it runs smoother.

So... If your END RESULTS (the video you upload on youtube) is only about 240 pixels wide, why bother capturing at 800 pixels? You can't use all the pixels, you'll just waste time sizing it down, and it stutters because your PC is struggling. Reduce the capture dimensions settings and it not only runs smoother, it saves you time later on because you don't have to downsize it.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Luftwaffe Video
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 04:58:14 PM »
Basically what Krusty is saying is.  PCs like yours

Do not work well capturing Full Frame video game captures using fraps.  Set it to half frame capture size, 30fps, and play the AH film at 1/2 speed.  Then in your video editor, double the speed.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 05:12:43 PM by Fulmar »
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either