Author Topic: New Old Squad Back  (Read 763 times)

Offline Spazzter

• Copper Member
New Old Squad Back
« on: August 06, 2007, 02:20:27 PM »
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that the old USMC squad is back.  The Grim's Reapers, formerly USMC, have converted back to their old squad name.  I am lucky enough to be a part of this group and have changed my name accordingly from Spazzter to USspazz.  For those of you old timers, you should remember the USMC squad.  Those of you that haven't flown with or around them should take the opportunity.  They are a great bunch of guys.  I look forward to mixing it up with you all in the virtual skies as a member of the USMC.  If you see us in the arenas don't be shy say hello or shoot us down.  Either way we'll all have fun.  I am glad to be a part of this community and enjoy flying with you all.  Or most of you anyway.  :aok

<> All

Spazz

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
New Old Squad Back
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 02:22:45 PM »
Might want to check to make sure it isn't already taken... I seem to recall 1 or 2 of folks landing kills under "USMC" in the MAs the past few weeks.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
New Old Squad Back
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 02:32:45 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Might want to check to make sure it isn't already taken... I seem to recall 1 or 2 of folks landing kills under "USMC" in the MAs the past few weeks.

It's The Grims Reapers you've been seeing Krusty. I remember you guys as USMC, welcome back under your old name.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Spazzter

• Copper Member
New Old Squad Back
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 02:35:10 PM »
Krusty,

The name change has been in effect since last week, so I am sure you have seen some kills landed under the new name.

<>
Spazz

Offline Spazzter

• Copper Member
New Old Squad Back
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 02:36:52 PM »
Thanks Shifty.  We also have new leadership.  Grim will still be an executive officer, but Nosey will take over CO duties and TheMoc will be acting XO.

<>
Spazz

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
New Old Squad Back
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 02:39:45 PM »
Good to see the Old Squads return.    The MA's NEED it.    <> Spazzy
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
New Old Squad Back
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 03:20:15 PM »
Okay, then, no problem :aok

Wanted to point it out, "just in case."

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
New Old Squad Back
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 04:02:07 PM »
:noid
Lighten up Francis

Offline Nomde

• Nickel Member
      • Web Master
New Old Squad Back
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 05:53:11 PM »
Glad to see y'all back :aok

I'm very familiar with the squad levels grouping/disbanding/reforming for all sorts of reasons. Before all is said and done.... cherish the times you have together while flying. We all go our different ways at different speeds, our paths cross in too short of time.  :)

Nomde
56th Fighter Group "Zemke's Wolfpack"
nomde@56fg.net

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
New Old Squad Back
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 06:02:06 PM »
This was a welcome bit of news to return to our roots as the ~U.S.M.C.~ as the squadron (as many of the "old timers" around here know) goes back into Air Warrior Classic before we called it "classic."

I'm proud to have been a member for going on 9-10 years now and it's nice to see us returning in name to the spirit which has kept us together all of these years.

Even the "new guys" and slackers like Spazz haven't ruined it yet :p

Offline Spazzter

• Copper Member
New Old Squad Back
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 10:08:38 AM »
Yea Golfer started when he was 12.  He was a sqweeker then and still is.  ;)    It is great though to see the USMC name back on the squads page.  Golfer is right that I haven't been a member for as long as most of the guys, but I wouldn't have joined if not for the group they are.  My two years have been well spent with this group and I am glad to be with them.

Golfer you slacker.

Spazz