Author Topic: how to varify computer or connection problem?  (Read 179 times)

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
how to varify computer or connection problem?
« on: August 05, 2007, 11:18:50 AM »
I'm hoping someone can help me here becouse my warping is driving me nuts.  I don't know if this is a Vista issue or a connection issue.  First let me give you the specs on what I'm using.  It's a HP machine with a AMD Athlon 64x2 4800+ processor, 2048 mb of ram, and an Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTC video card.  So I should have plenty of power for Aces high, I would think.  When I run Aces High I turn off my virus controls.   When playing the warping is very inconsistent, it will be great for quite a while at times then get really bad out of the blue (normally when I'm about 20yards back from someone, then I end up warping out in front of them :cry )  I've gone through Scuzzy's post and changed a lot of the settings without much noticeable improvement. Oh by the way it runs great in offline mode if that helps. Is there a way I can varify this is a problem with the computer rather then a connection issue so I'm not chasing a ghost.  Keep in mind I'm not that computer savy, so try and keep it at my level if you can.  

Thanks
Big Rat
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 11:25:17 AM by Big Rat »
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 11:54:28 AM »
Try control panel, performance and maintenance, power options, and switch it from energy star to home desktop.  Fixed all of my warping problems, AND i have Norton installed and running.  

Not my fixed, I was helped by Ranger I believe, and I am so grateful for it, I can now play!

Oh, and do you have comcast/wireless?  I have heard that that can cause problems.
2sBlind

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 01:17:39 PM »
If you can click on Start, Run, type dxdiag and hit enter, then post the first 3rd of that on here, it would help also m8. Also, if you can d/l pingplotter so we can see what times etc your hops are taking.

Wurzel

Ping Plotter download page
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 03:44:02 PM »
Donkey, you got it!  Hard to believe it was something that simple.  :D

Thanks again everyone
Big Rat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 07:00:34 PM »
Lol don't worry about.  I was in the same boat.  But don't thank me, I am 99% sure it was Ranger who helped me so if you see him say thanks.  

Anyway glad to hear to can play now.
2sBlind