Author Topic: And they call them Squeekers  (Read 488 times)

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
And they call them Squeekers
« on: August 11, 2007, 02:17:10 PM »
! 347th Fighter Group !
Last night I knew from the response over the past week that our squad was going to be short pilots. I got on early, around 8:30, 9:00 PM and PM'd 68Magnum, our MA guru lol, asking him to invite pilots from the MA to join us.
The terminology used in this game to describe most of these pilots is "squeekers" I believe. Well there voices are a bit high pitched and they did ask a  lot of question and hog the channel a bit. I answered them and was coming to realization that although they where young they where asking all the right questions. There monopoly of the radio was actually productive and courteous.
We launched, formed up and flew towards our way points with questions like Why are we NOE? Why are we not heading directly towards our target? and so on. They where asking in the context of learning not just asking for the sake of being heard. As we closed on our target I requested radio discipline and only orders to be given, no idol chat. The radio went silent and the first enemy call came in, con at 1 oclock high. From that point on you would have thought you where flying with the most seasoned pilots in the game. There SA and tactics where outstanding. They checked each other and called out maneuvers to use that not only saved the pilot that was being attacked but also turned the enemy into their wing man's gun sights.
After the initial bombing run was over they where heavily engaged dog fighting the enemy CAP. This was not good they needed to extend, rtb and reform with bombs on there A6M5s. I called them off told them to rtb to A9 for a follow up attack. Much to my surprise they immediately disengaged formed up and flew back to A9.
The pilots listed below did an outstanding job in an event that they didn't even know the rules too. They acted and flew professionaly and are a credit to their individual squads and squeekers ;) in general.

Dragons of Steel    
Av8torjr  
Dexter
Axer
SFOP

Stroker1 from (+)Precision

Dmsgunsn from Flying Aces

Stod from ~~~No Evil~~~
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 02:24:03 PM by 68falcon »
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 02:26:15 PM »
I'll say -- it looks like AXER got 8, if I remember correctly.

Good group of pilots you recruited.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 03:10:53 PM »
well I wouldn't classify them as squeekers, a squeeker is some who talks about everything and anything on the radio and wont shut up.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 03:38:40 PM »
Exactly :aok I wouldn't either but because of their young age some do
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 09:12:08 PM »
I want to thank you and Magnum for inviting me.  Had a great time:aok  I have never flown an FSO before and after that I will anytime I can.  I think I like that more than the MA.

Stroker1 of (+)
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 10:57:48 PM »
Originally posted by trax1
well I wouldn't classify them as squeekers, a squeeker is some who talks about everything and anything on the radio and wont shut up.

Yep we've got a 25 year old squeaker in our squad.:lol

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 12:38:23 AM »
We got one to, Kenny40, he is 12yo. Nice kid, and a good pilot. Does get a bit excited, but we like having him with us.
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline Bannor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 10:36:23 AM »
Originally posted by trax1

Trax, do you still have that problem with Kurt since his girlfriend cut him off from the Patron?:rofl
Destiny brought you here, now FATE will deal with your six!

Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 11:40:15 AM »
My son flies with the Dragons of Steel when none of JG11 is in the main.  Of course sitting right next to him here, usally working on Der Grosse Schlag kommand stuff, I see and here alot of thier sorties.  Let me tell you, not only do they shoot down ALOT of enemy planes..they fly as a unit, covering, clearing and helping eachother out.  I have been impressed, and not once seen any "questionable" gameplay or tactics.

The young guns of AH.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -