Author Topic: P.I.M.P.S.  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
P.I.M.P.S.
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2007, 03:06:41 PM »
OK so the point is what then?  Since there already is ais a group for the 38 guys, you want another one?

I don't recall you ever asking about SAPP before.  Last comment I saw on 38s was how you were gonna smack em around.

If you are that big of a 38 junkie....

Oh well.  More power to ya.  have fun
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
P.I.M.P.S.
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2007, 03:08:40 PM »
For the last time everyone. SAPP Is not  for 38s its for 47s. Please see sig for details.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
P.I.M.P.S.
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2007, 03:22:40 PM »
Originally posted by Husky01
For the last time everyone. SAPP Is not  for 38s its for 47s. Please see sig for details.

LOL like I said.  At least be original.

Jeez Kids these days.  Can't come up with their own name Ideas.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
P.I.M.P.S.
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2007, 05:18:30 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
LOL like I said.  At least be original.

Jeez Kids these days.  Can't come up with their own name Ideas.
So... in a nutshell, this S.A.P.P. (feels more comfortable with that acronym) is like what RDRTrash and company have done with USMC for the VMF and MAW wings... would that be close to accurate?
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
P.I.M.P.S.
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2007, 05:59:49 PM »
Originally posted by Odee
So... in a nutshell, this S.A.P.P. (feels more comfortable with that acronym) is like what RDRTrash and company have done with USMC for the VMF and MAW wings... would that be close to accurate?

In a nutshell this is what SAPP is.

Back during the arena changes, both AKAK and I got accused of ruining Aces High.  I had a guy in the arena, on country tell me i was wrecking the game for everyone else.

We got a good laugh out of it.  A while back I'd thrown out the idea of a forum for the 38 drivers so that folks could share the wealth on the actual history of the 38, help each other with getting better in the 38, and maybe as a place for the newbies learning to 38 to go to get some help and get to know the vet 38 drivers.

After the great accusation of wrecking the game, Raptor came up with the name SAPP.  Not hard to see the humor in it.  It was our way of poking fun at the idea that we had any influence at all.  But we thought it would be fun to run with it so we got SAPP going, got a forum and have been adding 38 drivers to it ever since.

Maybe once a month we have a SAPP night where we have a theme.  We did D-Day 38s on June 6th for example.  We went up in invasion striped 38Js and looked for LW birds to shoot at and get screenshots of.

We've done PTO oriented themes as well.  It's just to have fun, and for the 38 guys to get to know each other a bit and have a chance to fly together.

it's not country based or squad based.  On a SAPP night we go to the low number country and go looking for a fight.  We don't base take, although I think we had folks thinking we were the last time up as we went deep to try and stir up a fight.

Thats it.  Good folks, good fun, and a desire to get better in our cartoon 38s
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
P.I.M.P.S.
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2007, 06:26:53 PM »
Biters....
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline 8903

• Copper Member
P.I.M.P.S.
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2007, 01:30:55 AM »
Originally posted by Platano
Biters....

lol I have not heard that used in ages! "Beat Street"  old school slang!:aok
Founding CO of VF-4 Red Rippers (RIP)

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
P.I.M.P.S.
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2007, 08:03:22 AM »
Originally posted by Platano
Biters....

« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 08:10:26 AM by RATTFINK »
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Zippy41

• Copper Member
P.I.M.P.S.
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2007, 02:19:52 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
In a nutshell this is what SAPP is.

Back during the arena changes, both AKAK and I got accused of ruining Aces High.  I had a guy in the arena, on country tell me i was wrecking the game for everyone else.

We got a good laugh out of it.  A while back I'd thrown out the idea of a forum for the 38 drivers so that folks could share the wealth on the actual history of the 38, help each other with getting better in the 38, and maybe as a place for the newbies learning to 38 to go to get some help and get to know the vet 38 drivers.

After the great accusation of wrecking the game, Raptor came up with the name SAPP.  Not hard to see the humor in it.  It was our way of poking fun at the idea that we had any influence at all.  But we thought it would be fun to run with it so we got SAPP going, got a forum and have been adding 38 drivers to it ever since.

Maybe once a month we have a SAPP night where we have a theme.  We did D-Day 38s on June 6th for example.  We went up in invasion striped 38Js and looked for LW birds to shoot at and get screenshots of.

We've done PTO oriented themes as well.  It's just to have fun, and for the 38 guys to get to know each other a bit and have a chance to fly together.

it's not country based or squad based.  On a SAPP night we go to the low number country and go looking for a fight.  We don't base take, although I think we had folks thinking we were the last time up as we went deep to try and stir up a fight.

Thats it.  Good folks, good fun, and a desire to get better in our cartoon 38s

Tangled with Raptor last night. Good fight. I love the 38 but suck with it. Where can I meet up with SAPP?

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
P.I.M.P.S.
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2007, 03:25:40 PM »
Originally posted by Zippy41
Tangled with Raptor last night. Good fight. I love the 38 but suck with it. Where can I meet up with SAPP?

You might be able to find us...when you see about 15 P38s trailing you... :)

PM Guppy35, he can tell ya
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
P.I.M.P.S.
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2007, 04:02:40 PM »
They're planning a SAPP run for the 14th of Augustus...  Tuesday I believe.  I'm gonna tag along with 'em whether they want me to or not :t
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
P.I.M.P.S.
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2007, 05:44:51 PM »
Originally posted by RATTFINK

Thats me :D
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
P.I.M.P.S.
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2007, 05:45:25 PM »
Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring banana phoooooone.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
P.I.M.P.S.
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2007, 09:35:48 PM »
Would it be safe to say that this thread has devolved into jealous and petty bickering amongst adults?
:noid
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
P.I.M.P.S.
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2007, 08:05:56 AM »
sapps are great guys they even got me to fly thier bomber once:rolleyes:
i blame dan:furious
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.