Author Topic: CH Flightstick  (Read 840 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
CH Flightstick
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 07:59:42 AM »
Originally posted by doc1kelley
Max, are the Saitek's push-pull or rocker type pedals?  

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1

If you just plug 'em in and boot up AH the defaults (I think) are push/slide for rudder input and down/up for left and right wheel brakes. You have the options of switching that up either with AH joystick set-up or the SST software.

Two nice things about the Saitek peds:
1. There's a shoe/foot size adjustment
2. There's a tension adjustment

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
CH Flightstick
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 03:32:39 AM »
Originally posted by doc1kelley
Max, are the Saitek's push-pull or rocker type pedals?  My old analog CH pedals are rocker style (up-down) and the CH pro pedals were slider type (push/pull).  I prefer the rocker type as I ditched the pro pedals because of the slider action, but my old pedals are about 10 years old now.

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1

I think I have still have 2 brand new rocker style CH pedals. That is if they are the ones that had the swtich on the base to set for either cars or planes. Actually I've used one a couple of times when my old TM pedal spring broke and I had to wait for a new one so it's got about 5 hours on it. MY TM peds have 13 years of abus...use on them. :)

Offline Mobius_1

• Zinc Member
CH Flightstick
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 04:26:53 PM »
Ok, the Av8er from saitek doesn't have force feedback does it?

Should I get that or find an old precision 2 from microsoft?

Offline CrazyOWl

• Zinc Member
CH Flightstick
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 12:46:53 PM »
Got a question dint know we can use something from one mark to another mark stuff.

I have x45 saitek stick with throttle. and my joystick some keys are getting damage. Can I put the saitek x45 throttle with another joystick?

Cause the throttle is connected to the joystick and the joystick to the pc. Can I do that so I dont have to buy the hold set?

CrazyOwl.

the connection of the  throttle  to the joystick is a 15pin i think and the joystick to pc is USB.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
CH Flightstick
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 02:22:07 PM »
Originally posted by CrazyOWl
Got a question dint know we can use something from one mark to another mark stuff.

I have x45 saitek stick with throttle. and my joystick some keys are getting damage. Can I put the saitek x45 throttle with another joystick?

Cause the throttle is connected to the joystick and the joystick to the pc. Can I do that so I dont have to buy the hold set?

CrazyOwl.

the connection of the  throttle  to the joystick is a 15pin i think and the joystick to pc is USB.

You should be able to do that.  At one point, I used racing pedals for rudders.  The wheel that pedales were connected were relegated to laying on the floor out of the way, with its buttons and axis not mapped in AH.  I used that in conjuction with a Saitek Cyborg 3d gold.

In other words, you would have to leave your x45 stick connected, but reassign the controls to your new stick.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
CH Flightstick
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2007, 02:25:07 PM »
Here is my current setup and mapping :)