Author Topic: excited for scenario  (Read 359 times)

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
excited for scenario
« on: August 15, 2007, 10:09:13 AM »
I have never gone to a scenario before...  Tell me what they're like?  

For one thing I know, there's ALOT of people that take part in them.  There's specific 'task groups' so to speak, that are all tasked on their fair share of stuff to do.  

Trailer 1 by Have
http://www.llv32.org/tiedostot/stal...rth_video01.wmv

Trailer2 by Mipoikel
http://www.llv32.org/tiedostot/stal...rth_video02.wmv

Are scenario's really like the above links I just posted?  Custom town/city designs, HUGE GV battles and very VERY specific objectives, like destroying bridges to completely ruin half of the GV people's mission?

Yea, I'm psyched...  :D
There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

The internet has proved this wrong.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
excited for scenario
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 10:13:58 AM »
They, like all Events, are the best part of AcesHigh.  The most immersive experience one can find.  A great way to meet people you may otherwise only ever see in your gunsight, or on your six (in my case).  A chance to strategize, and teambuild, and fly in massive formations, against massive formations.  Being chosen to Lead this one has already turned out to be the best experience in AcesHigh for me, and we are still in the team building stage.

Nothing finer, in my opinion.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
excited for scenario
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 11:03:08 AM »
cool.
There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
excited for scenario
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 12:50:45 PM »
As it happens, you posted this thread just in time for the Old Air Warriors' thread to get bumped, along with an excellent link posted by Brooke for the AAR (and pictorials) of Longbow, a scenario from way back when in '99.

I'm pretty sure Brook wouldn't mind my reposting the link here:

Looky here

Yes, it's an Air Warrior scenario from many moons ago, but it should give you an idea of what to expect.  In a word, fun :)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
excited for scenario
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 05:43:47 PM »
my main question is... will the towns be... you know, custom?  like in the second video?

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
excited for scenario
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 06:51:29 PM »
Not on this one.  We are using the Rhine Terrain.  Stalins Fourth had a major ground element.  DGS is Air to Air, massive bombers and fighters.  Nothing going on down on the ground except bombing, the goal is to kill the bombers.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
excited for scenario
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 06:54:27 PM »
oh :(