Author Topic: Base Icons  (Read 285 times)

Offline GlassJaw

• Copper Member
Base Icons
« on: August 08, 2007, 05:15:22 PM »
I've noticed that bases, towns, strats, etc. don't flash as they should be when I first log on.  The problem goes away after some time.  This has been an ongoing problem going as far back as I can remember and I know others have the same problem.  Not a big deal but a little irritating when you first log on and your looking for a fight but map isn't working the way it should

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Base Icons
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 06:48:28 PM »
well, what is the flashing problem?

I know when I first log on it flashes quite fast...but then it goes to normal speed.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Base Icons
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 06:59:24 PM »
It takes awhile to update all the info of whats going on in the arena. Open the "roster" as soon as you log in. It will show 10-20 people on, hit the refresh button every 5 seconds or so and you'll see the list grow and grow and grow.  Depending on your connection this "updating" takes any where from a minute or so to 4 - 5 minutes. This includes dar bar and everything.

Is this what might be happening to ya?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Base Icons
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 07:16:36 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
It takes awhile to update all the info of whats going on in the arena. Open the "roster" as soon as you log in. It will show 10-20 people on, hit the refresh button every 5 seconds or so and you'll see the list grow and grow and grow.  Depending on your connection this "updating" takes any where from a minute or so to 4 - 5 minutes. This includes dar bar and everything.

Is this what might be happening to ya?

Nope, that's a different and very normal thing.

But when you log in and a base is already under attack it will not see it flash. You might even see enemy dots withing dar range. If the enemy is using GVs only (happens alot in EW) you don't get any indication at all that there is a attack running. This bug has nothing to do with the login updating process as such.
Only when all attackers have left the base, the flashing bug kinda resets, the next attacker to enter range will make it flash as usual.
Because of that bug, I developed the habit to check all frontline bases each time I log into low populated arenas like EW & MW to check if any towns are udner GV attack.

A similar thing is that a base often (everytime) continues to flash when a attacker disconnected while inside the trigger range.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman