Author Topic: Silly question  (Read 417 times)

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Silly question
« on: August 13, 2007, 09:28:51 AM »
I just got Windows Movie Maker.  And I wanted to make a film of AH.  SOOOO,  I went to 'Open Project'  (bring up a video.)  And then i started searching around for AH film viewer files.  I couldn't find ANYTHING related to AH.  :cry

Where can I find the films that I have recorded using the AH film viewer?
There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

The internet has proved this wrong.

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Silly question
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 09:32:41 AM »
AH Film Viewere files (.ahf) will not play in WMM.

You need to use a Faps type software to capture what you're wanting to edit and then use those (usually .mpg) files to make your movie.

http://www.fraps.com is a popular program.  I think the pay version of worth it.  You'll lose the annoying watermark and the files you save won't be HUGE up in the 800MB range for 30 second clips

You can use fraps to capture right from the game or from AH film viewer.  Have fun!

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Silly question
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 09:35:02 AM »
I'm looking for something I don't have to pay for.  

And if I DO have to pay for fraps.  Would i have to keep paying?
There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Silly question
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 09:43:03 AM »
There are ways around the watermarks.  The watermark I'm referring to is the "fraps" logo in the top of the screen.

One of the cheesiest is to do a sloppy editing job by cropping each frame as you can see in these flicks....
http://www.furballunderground.com/Guest/Golfer/agedbomberstream.wmv

http://www.furballunderground.com/Guest/Golfer/Realflight.wmv

I believe fraps is a one time fee of about $25.  Well worth the product if you ask me.  MovieMaker is also a very basic program with some ups/downs but a good start.  Sony Vegas and other similar programs are far more advanced and allow much greater creative control if you will.

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Silly question
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 09:48:28 AM »
well, I just want to make some movies that appease the best online community EVAR! :D

So, this is a start.  Also, would I use AH film viewer, and then when watching film viewer, use fraps?  If so, where would the AH film viewer movies be saved?  

I can't seem to find it any where.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Silly question
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 10:01:06 AM »
Amazingly, you'll find AH films in the "films" folder of the Aces High II.

Programs > HTC > Aces High II > films
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 10:04:16 AM by Rolex »

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Silly question
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 10:02:04 AM »
nuh uh.  I can't find them in there.  :(

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Silly question
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 10:07:26 AM »
Then you didn't record any films yet. You know you have to start and stop recording [Alt]+[R] in the game to record, right?

You should check out the BBS section on films and screen shots.

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Silly question
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 10:10:11 AM »
I HAVE recorded films.  What I mean to say is, I can't even find the films folder for aces high.  I've done searches and searches for it.  The only thing that comes CLOSE to Aces High anything is the Aces High game itself.  

That's the ONLY file that shows up.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Silly question
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 10:14:24 AM »
Dont do a search..
Just open my computer, select drive C, open the folder program files, folder HTC, folder Aces High II, then folder "Films".

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Silly question
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 10:29:36 AM »
whoops, nevermind... figured it out.  Thanks :D

Offline Phaser11

• Silver Member
Silly question
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 11:37:59 AM »
OK,
 Make your AH film, load it in the AH film editor and save it as a movie file, go into movie maker and >file>import Movie of Film (can't remember which). Once the file is imported you can start messing with it in movie maker.
Phaser11,

"Long time we no get drunk together nathen"
"Silence! I kill you"