Author Topic: Bombers Warping  (Read 302 times)

Offline GlassJaw

• Copper Member
Bombers Warping
« on: August 11, 2007, 01:23:07 PM »
When you damage the lead bomber (ie: take off a wing) and its going down, the drones will warp erraticly until the lead bomber hits the ground or the pilot ejects.  Why not just have the drones continue on their current heading if the lead bomber has been shot down?  Would be a bit more realistic.

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
Bombers Warping
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 02:35:06 PM »
Because the bombers don't have pilots, they just follow the lead bomber hence why they are drones.

I dunno.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline GlassJaw

• Copper Member
Bombers Warping
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 04:39:39 PM »
Yep, I know why they do what they do but why is beside the point.  They shouldn't be bouncing back and fourth in the air.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Bombers Warping
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 07:19:30 PM »
kill the lead bomber a bit better next time !

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Bombers Warping
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 07:26:01 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
kill the lead bomber a bit better next time !

Agreed.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Bombers Warping
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 07:34:42 PM »
If I dont explode the lead buff, I go up and wait, THEN attack drones, as whatever hits you get on them in meantime prolly wont count anyway. Other option is to hit the drone right off, but if ya don't explode it, no lesser damage will make any difference, save fire. One positive  of hitting drones first is the human gunner is prolly in center plane, and his rounds will be less accurate if you're no hitting HIS plane
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline GlassJaw

• Copper Member
Bombers Warping
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 06:28:12 PM »
You guys have got to be kidding me.... ok, I'll concede that you can alter your attack technique to save the lead bomber for last but you shouldnt have to.  

This is a broken aspect of the game and I hope that it can be fixed.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Bombers Warping
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 12:51:20 PM »
I learned right away that the best order to kill the bombers is the right-hand drone first (from the rear) and then the left before killing lead. The reason is that if you pass to the rear of the left drone after you have exploded it then the right-hand drone is going to move left into you. If you shoot the pilot the plane explodes and you can move on to the next target.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.