Author Topic: Base Direction's  (Read 418 times)

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Base Direction's
« on: August 13, 2007, 05:18:30 PM »
Okay, I did a search for Base direction trying to figure out which way the bases run in the game and found nothing.  So, my question is... Which direction do bases lay on the maps and are they all the same?  Also, do the towns lay the same all the time and thier direction....  
Always thought they were either SW-NE but I have a memory of a carnival-goldfish so I don't remember... :confused:
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Jenks

• Nickel Member
Base Direction's
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 06:44:29 PM »
If you mean, which way do the runways run? They pretty much point the way you see them on the map. And the towns are are where you see them in relation to the fields.  Is that what you were asking?
MA  The Flying Circus
     Clown in training

FSO  JG11

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
Base Direction's
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 10:04:59 PM »
Originally posted by Jenks
If you mean, which way do the runways run? They pretty much point the way you see them on the map. And the towns are are where you see them in relation to the fields.  Is that what you were asking?

Yes and no...
Example:  The large base on the map look like a triangle... so does that mean they all will always run with runways: West-East, Southwest-Northeast and Northwest to Southest?
Does that help with my wierd question..
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Base Direction's
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 10:20:01 PM »
Originally posted by Sketch
Yes and no...
Example:  The large base on the map look like a triangle... so does that mean they all will always run with runways: West-East, Southwest-Northeast and Northwest to Southest?
Does that help with my wierd question..

All airfields have the same layout on all MA maps and are placed in the same way. Rightclick on map to bring up "Clipboard Maps" to check runway alignments.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Base Direction's
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 12:51:29 AM »
Originally posted by Lusche
All airfields have the same layout on all MA maps and are placed in the same way. Rightclick on map to bring up "Clipboard Maps" to check runway alignments.

Same thing with strat targets.  They are in the exact position you see them on the clipboard maps (top is north, bottom south, etc.)
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
Base Direction's
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 04:01:02 PM »
Okay, that's what I was looking for....  Was stuck in my head that they ran different than from the map itself.  Thanks!
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
Base Direction's
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 05:22:33 PM »
IIRC the FRAC3 map had some bases turned 90, 180 and 270% from what the clipboard maps show(shape of things to come?). Also ports on all maps are not always oriented like the clipboard map due to the coastline.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"