Author Topic: Change Base Icons?  (Read 342 times)

Offline trwagner1

• Zinc Member
Change Base Icons?
« on: August 16, 2007, 11:57:50 AM »
Is there a way to change the base icons on a map?  Can you replace the base icon with a new icon or can you stop the icon from flashing?

Example, can I create a base icon the same size with a different color or shape?

Or is this part of the map and a static icon?

Thanks

Ted
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 12:07:58 PM by trwagner1 »
Retired from flying for now

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Change Base Icons?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 12:01:00 PM »
I don't think that you can change the icon and you definately can't stop it from blinking. I also don't think that the actual icon is part of a map ... meaning that the map maker can't even change the icon.

If it were easily changeable ... I think that it would have been changed by someone in the community (map makers) right after HTC actually changed the base layouts some time back.

The icons that you see WERE actual represntations of the actual base layout ... not anymore ... they just basically are used now to denote the "size" of the base.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline trwagner1

• Zinc Member
Change Base Icons?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 12:04:11 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
I don't think that you can change the icon and you definately can't stop it from blinking. I also don't think that the actual icon is part of a map ... meaning that the map maker can't even change the icon.

If it were easily changeable ... I think that it would have been changed by someone in the community (map makers) right after HTC actually changed the base layouts some time back.

The icons that you see WERE actual represntations of the actual base layout ... not anymore ... they just basically are used now to denote the "size" of the base.

Ah, ok.  Yes, that's what I really was looking for....didn't know how to word it.  I'd like to edit the icons so that the run-way layout of the icon itself is an actual representation of the way it looks.

thanks for the info!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 12:08:30 PM by trwagner1 »
Retired from flying for now

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Change Base Icons?
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 12:41:28 PM »
You can change the colors in graphic options.  I did because I was having trouble differentiating them sometimes.

As to the layout, open your clipboard maps.  The fields are aligned exactly as shown on the clipboard maps (North at the top).
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Change Base Icons?
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 12:48:14 PM »
right click on the clipboard, and one of the options is "clip board maps". click on that and in there you can bring up an areil picture of each of what the icons represent. You can zoom in enough to see the ammo bunkers and such on the fields, or the lay outs of the factories.

The actual "icons" are not editable.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Change Base Icons?
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 01:10:44 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
....As to the layout, open your clipboard maps.  The fields are aligned exactly as shown on the clipboard maps (North at the top).
This is not true. Bases can be and are rotated on many maps. So north on the clipboard map may be east, west, north or south when looking at the actual field on the ground.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Change Base Icons?
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 05:20:44 PM »
Originally posted by NHawk
This is not true. Bases can be and are rotated on many maps. So north on the clipboard map may be east, west, north or south when looking at the actual field on the ground.

I know you make maps and all so your probably right but you'll have to show me one for me to believe it (at least in the MA's).

All small airfields launch NE to SW (think I got that direction right).  All Medium and Large fields have an E-W runway, never N-S.

All the strats are exactly as the clipboard maps.  

Please tell me where to find one that's different.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.