Author Topic: Terroristic Act  (Read 2202 times)

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2007, 12:19:44 AM »
The way I see it, it was a failure on everybody's part.

A. The father was not strict enough in his punishments before, and his daughter did something she shouldn't have thinking she would get away with minor repreccusions. Spare the rod and spoil the child.

B. They were not married, and sinned. I think the boy got what he deserved (maybe a little harsh, a beating would have sufficed), the girl needed a good whipping afterward. They need to be taught that wrong desicions will have bad reprecussions. Both made a wrong desicion.

C. Society for losing its morals and promoting these kinds of things on TV. As well as in other circles.

This is what happens when a society's ethics break down.

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2007, 12:31:42 AM »
But is Dad a terrorist?

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2007, 12:40:51 AM »
No.

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
Terroristic Act
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2007, 04:52:54 AM »
Originally posted by bustr

Two mens lives are ruined because this female child did not act according to her fathers directive.

You're trying to rationalize what the father did because of what one kid had a significant other do????

I just don't know what to say to you that could bring sanity to your reasoning.  

It doesn't matter what gender either one of the three was, there is no excuse for what the father did.  Was it terrorism?  Absolutely not.  That's an abuse of laws that were probably well intentioned, but were bound to be abused from the start.  Just because one kid wanted to be with another kid that they cared about doesn't mean that they deserved to be shot at, let alone paralyzed.

That you keep trying to justify such irresponsibility on the part of the person who was supposed to be the oldest and most mature is despicable.  If that's your moral standard please, for the sake of the rest of us, don't own firearms.  If you do you should sell them now, as you obviously don't understand the responsibility involved with their possession.  

I will reiterate that we have very little facts on this issue, and those who seem to know what was going on with this situation are very misinformed.  I've tried here to give a benefit of doubt to the victims of this situation who, as the facts that we have state did not forward the situation to the point of violence.

Your baseless and paternalistic drivel belong in the dark ages along with the inquisition and such other forms of insanity.
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the reaper no more fear the Lancers!
http://www.68thlightninglancers.net

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2007, 05:04:39 AM »
You're trying to rationalize what the father did because of what one kid had a significant other do

From what we do know.....the 19 yr old was not supposed to be in the home when the parents were gone correct?

The sequence of events started with the two you are so enamored with. Both of them broke a rule of the individual that actually owns/rents the home. Parents have every right to set rules for their children to abide by. In fact, it would be irresponsible of them to NOT set rules.

The kids should not have broken the rules of the house. The father should not have shot the 19 yr old. All 3 are at fault here.

I wouldn't want this 19 yr old anywhere near my daughters. He shows a huge lack of respect and immaturity by going into the home while the parents were away.

Bustr is correct that the girl has, by her actions, started the sequence of events that has ruined two mens lives. One will be paralyzed for life and the other will spend a very long time in prison.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.