Author Topic: Game Play Downhill???  (Read 6219 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Game Play Downhill???
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2007, 03:56:04 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Especially with your ongoing feud with some of the training staff for not accepting you.

Bronk

That is the reason behind this, nothing else.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Game Play Downhill???
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2007, 03:59:09 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
If anyone was really giving his kid a hard time, a simple screenshot or film to HTC would sort it out easily.

Remember when Sweet2th was created? He would simply log in, without flying any sorties, and complain, then come to the bbs and complain more?

This little feud with the trainers (or anger over not being made a trainer) is, well, pathetic. I can understand a little rivalry, or a bit of a personality clash (ask Ren, he's not the biggest hub fan in the game, but even I don't get any **** when in the TA), but creating accounts just to harass the training staff? Get a hobby or watch old movies with your kid or something.

No hijacking intended but not agree'n with what someones posts on the boards does not mean theres hate nor does animosity continue. A person who acts civil with other folks in here will never hear a peep from me. Act like a butthead and sometimes I gotta call BS on it.

As far as, bygones be'n bygones... One thing people find out about me in the TA is if they had a bad day with me yesterday for whatever reason that's already history. Today is a new day and we start off from today with no grudges. There's prolly more'n one guy that's told me off in the TA and come back a few days later asking for help. As long as they're civil I help. That's why I'm working there.

As far as Hub goes. He's just another player in the game.  I see him up I might ask a question about what's up. So, what if he whines sometimes. Everyone does. I know I do. Normally I whine cause I did something really stoooopid and died for it. Doh! But I whine to myself not on 200. :)  Ancedote: last night I happened to shoot some dude down. There was more than one plane in the fight. Anyway, he died. On 200 he asks, "how many people were there?" I thought about that for a second and answered, "22". Dumb question (whine), dumb answer. If you come to the party with a gun in your hand and you die. It don't matter if there was 1 or 100 dudes there. Yer still dead. :)

Ren
Aces High Training Corps

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Game Play Downhill???
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2007, 04:03:26 PM »
Originally posted by SAS_KID
Yeah stop harassing us young players it only feeds our inner ego's and makes us want it more to the point where we start it.

Can I harass SAS? I really wanna harass him! :)

Hi SAS_Kid...how ya doin? Where ya been hiding? I havn't seen u in the TA lately?

Ren

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
Re: Game Play Downhill???
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2007, 04:34:40 PM »
Originally posted by Sweet2th

Why do grown folks HATE on KIDS in Aces High so much??

On my part there is no 'haterd' of these youngsters. The problem I have with them is when they constantly get all jabberwoky on the range channel. It's doubly bad when two or more of them start arguing, like fingernails scratching a blackboard. Since we can't squelch the range channel you have to squelch each one, but I've found that even with creating a script on my CH gear doesn't work since some of them seem to be abusing the free trial...alot!

Hate? No, any person or group of people who decide to subscribe to AH, no matter how badly they play or how many exploits they can find and use, is good for HTC's bottom line. That bottom line is what keeps HTC moving forward. The more profitable AH is the longer it will be here, that, IMO, is a good thing.

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Game Play Downhill???
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2007, 04:50:23 PM »
Just as i thought.

The Assumers come right out of hiding.

No this is not about being a trainer.

No this is not about WW2 Photo's that i got from a torrent site for FREE99.

No this incident did not happen in the TA.

I love the use you gurls have of the word "shades account".Even though a person types some stupid crap and gets his account squared away by Mr.Neese that same person is allowed back to the BB but he/she must create a new account.

When a Member of the AH Training staff is not in the Training Arena he should still hold his actions to a higher standard no matter what other arena he/she is in, they are and always will be known as AH Training staff.

This will prolly get me in some trouble from Mr.Neese for posting it, but after having my son come into my livingroom telling me what was writin here then later on seeing who was one of the involved......

A picture speaks a thousand words, but in this picture only so few are needed huh?

I ask you all and those who are Parents i ask the most, is this what you want your son or daughter exposed to??????

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Game Play Downhill???
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2007, 04:56:00 PM »
The fact that you single out silat's remark, and not NikorA's, and the fact that you bring this here, instead of just having HTC deal with it, illustrate perfectly what this thread is about.

Also, I suspect that what your kid said to elicit that response from Nik would change the context a bit. He's gone off on me a few times, but not without me having provoked him in the first place.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Game Play Downhill???
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2007, 04:58:28 PM »
I think the trainers do an excellent job. I for one wouldn't have the patience that I have seen displayed by the training staff in the TA.

:aok  to all you trainers, the job you do is greatly appreciated.

I have not seen this hate on kids as Sweet2th says is going on in AH. Yes I have seen some funny threads here on the bb concerning squeakers, and I have seen people telling the little Napoleons to stfu, but never undeserved imo, and not always directed at squeakers.

As for Sweet2th, most of your posts seem to be negative in content, and you seem to be unwilling to say what name you fly under, which makes me wonder if you fly at all. So as far as I'm concerned you are nothing but a griefer
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Game Play Downhill???
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »
Snip

Your problem should be with nikora.
But since you singled out silat we know what your problem really is..
Waaa I'm not a trainer.

Bronk

Edit:Why not show us what was clipped out?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 05:07:38 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Game Play Downhill???
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2007, 05:20:22 PM »
Sweet2th what happened there was not nice at all..

That beeing said... i listened to 1BenPunk going off on country channel a few hours ago and lets just say he got squelched by ALOT of people. AFAIK he did not reveal his age (by stating it in plain text ;) ) but he should have taken a hint fairly early on and he didnt.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Game Play Downhill???
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2007, 05:26:47 PM »
1BenPunk is no 8 year old. It's just another hungloautotoothwhatever cry for attention. He is not even capable to fake a 8yo personality on countrychannel, his vocabulary and his all-too-known complaining about "no organisation, knights suck & only fly for score, rooks & bish are dolts" easily gives him away.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Game Play Downhill???
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2007, 05:37:25 PM »
Just as i thought.

The Assumers come right out of hiding.

No this is not about being a trainer.

No this is not about WW2 Photo's that i got from a torrent site for FREE99.

No this incident did not happen in the TA.

I love the use you gurls have of the word "shades account".Even though a person types some stupid crap and gets his account squared away by Mr.Neese that same person is allowed back to the BB but he/she must create a new account.

When a Member of the AH Training staff is not in the Training Arena he should still hold his actions to a higher standard no matter what other arena he/she is in, they are and always will be known as AH Training staff.

This will prolly get me in some trouble from Mr.Neese for posting it, but after having my son come into my livingroom telling me what was writin here then later on seeing who was one of the involved......

A picture speaks a thousand words, but in this picture only so few are needed huh?

I ask you all and those who are Parents i ask the most, is this what you want your son or daughter exposed to??????

ok not hating against your kid or anything like that bro. but where is the rest of the text. i have had many fights with NikorA and lots of 200 banter with him and it has always taken alot to get him to talk like that. Silat is Silat he didnt mean any harm i am sure. i have seen you son in the skies and have listened to him, he is not easy on the ears he does talk his fair amount of trash as well.

now as far as your first post. yes i feel some kids are picked on for no reason. Cmustard is a good one. but i have not seen one person say that it does not happen. all of them have said that it does'nt happen that much or they dont do it to most of them, this means they know it happens but not that offten does it happen. some of us fly drunk and most do stupid things when they are drunk.

If it was me that had to come to a conclusion on this matter i would say i would have to beleve that there is more then what meets the eye here.

my 2cents
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline llama

• Silver Member
      • http://www.warrenernst.com/
Game Play Downhill???
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2007, 05:43:06 PM »
Am I the only person who thinks that Silat's and NikorA's responses are pretty funny?

Now then. When I was a kid, (and by that, I mean, under 10 years old) I was a gifted athlete. I played both soccer and baseball with adults in an adult "fun league" on the weekends, with my parents blessings.

My parents were told that if I acted like a child, I wouldn't be invited any more, and then that's what they told me.

My parents also told me that I'd probably hear a lot of swearing and that I'd see people drinking beer after games, but that swearing was inappropriate for a child so if I was caught swearing myself they'd stop me from playing. No beer either; same rules.

I played in that league for 3 or 4 years, so I guess I acted OK as far as other players and my parents were concerned.

So with that all said, I'm going to to out on a limb and say that Aces High really is an adult game, much like those fun leagues I used to play in, regardless of how HiTech markets the game.  (However: Aces High is advertised on The History Channel, not Cartoon Network or Fox Kids -- think about it.)

Certainly, kids are welcome to play, but no one wants to deal with childish behavior. In the absence of parents to complain to, childish kids (and childish adults, for that matter) are going to take the brunt of other people's frustration themselves because we can't call their parents and tell them to make their child behave.

Similarly, parents who let children play Aces High should be aware that their kids will be exposed to adult discussions and jokes. I'm pretty sure you'd tell your kid that if they were playing sports with other adults.

Finally, in my experience with this game and other online games, kids only get subjected to truly nasty adult behavior when they start acting childish - and usually they have to act VERY childish over a period of time.  When kids don't act childish, they normally fit in just fine.

Now I don't know what was said that led to the responses Silat and NikorA said, but based on past history, I'd be willing to bet $10 that the kid in question was acting childish, and probably got what he had coming.

If true, as a parent, it is *your* responsibility to see to it that your kid doesn't act in such a way to incur the wrath of others.

If not true, and you kid was truly spoken to this way out of the blue and for no reason, then I'm sorry. Really. No sarcasm intended.

So, what happened that led up to this screenshot?

-Llama

Interesting server at 69.12.181.171

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Game Play Downhill???
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2007, 05:50:30 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
1BenPunk is no 8 year old. It's just another hungloautotoothwhatever cry for attention. He is not even capable to fake a 8yo personality on countrychannel, his vocabulary and his all-too-known complaining about "no organisation, knights suck & only fly for score, rooks & bish are dolts" easily gives him away.
Last week someone was trying to "pretend to be new".    He was busted.   He also promptly logged.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
Game Play Downhill???
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2007, 06:04:19 PM »
I called buthshill!

Eight year olds don't type like that.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Game Play Downhill???
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2007, 06:10:47 PM »
Like Lusche pointed out, 1BenPunk is a shades account and not an 8 year old by the way they were acting yesterday when I saw him in the arena.  He was whining about HO's and La7s and using language your average 8 year old wouldn't use.

Having said that and if I am incorrect about 1BenPunk being a shades account, then it says a lot about the parents to have a child that behaves in such away.

But considering this guy has created shade accounts just to praise himself, I'm willing to bet 1BenPunk is just another one.  

Also, despite what he claims, it is obvious that he is still gunning for Silat for some strange reason.  I can't believe he is still holding a grudge that Silat was selected over him.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song