Author Topic: WEP Chart  (Read 423 times)

Offline duddini

• Zinc Member
WEP Chart
« on: August 22, 2007, 08:05:54 AM »
Is there a chart/list available anywhere that details the WEP time for each aircraft ? I've read in these forums, for instance, that the Ki has so many seconds off for so many seconds on; and I've read (I think) that most of the Spits have 5 continuous minutes, etc.

Being a noob (and a bit lazy), a chart would be great rather than figuring it our for each plane. I would think this would help too to know what your opponent is capable of.

BTW, I'm mainly interested in the Spit family.

Thanks guys.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
WEP Chart
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 10:03:32 AM »
WEP, War Emergency Power in AH2 is not modeled exactly as each aircraft that had it available in WWII actually functioned.  

It appears in AH2 that WEP is based on engine temperature.  So you can run on WEP, watch the engine temperature gage hit the red zone, then WEP off let it cool down, then run it on WEP again.  That's how it appears to me anway.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
WEP Chart
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 11:34:50 PM »
Most aircraft have 5 minutes of WEP with a 10 minute cooldown time (WEP can be restarted during the cooldown, you just get 1 second of WEP for every 2 seconds it spent cooling).

Bf109F-4 and later German aircraft have 10 minutes of WEP with a 10 minute cooldown time (WEP can be restarted during the cooldown, you just get 1 second of WEP for every 1 second it spent cooling).

The Ki-84 has 90 seconds WEP with a 45 second cooldown (WEP can be restarted during the cooldown, you just get 2 seconds of WEP for every 1 second it spent cooling)

The A6M2, A6M5, Me163, Me262, Yak-9T, Yak-9U and, IIRC, P-40B and F4F-4 do not have WEP.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline duddini

• Zinc Member
WEP Chart
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 07:35:03 AM »
Thanks Karnak, this is exactly the info I was looking for.

Wow, 10 minutes of WEP for the German birds, that seems like a really big advantage when you're in trouble.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
WEP Chart
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 08:09:27 AM »
Originally posted by duddini
Wow, 10 minutes of WEP for the German birds, that seems like a really big advantage when you're in trouble.

That's why the 10G-14/K-4 are possibly the best interceptors in this game. While the climb rate charts tell us that the Spitfires performances  are pretty close, if not even better (Spit XIV), the 10mins WEP means that a 109 can use it's WEP for climbing with still having WEP capacity for the actual fight. The Spit pilot cant afford to be that generous. A 109K climbing from sea level is at 19K feet after using half (5mins) of its WEP. 9 mins after takeoff you are at 30k.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
WEP Chart
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 08:57:03 AM »
I think the LA7 (possibly LA5FN as well?) has 10 minutes of WEP as well as the German planes.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
WEP Chart
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 09:03:07 AM »
Originally posted by Traveler
WEP, War Emergency Power in AH2 is not modeled exactly as each aircraft that had it available in WWII actually functioned.  

It appears in AH2 that WEP is based on engine temperature.  So you can run on WEP, watch the engine temperature gage hit the red zone, then WEP off let it cool down, then run it on WEP again.  That's how it appears to me anway.

War emergency Power in WW2 was just that. You increased the power. The problem was you ran the risk of burning out the engine. It WAS temperature based, but not as well-defined as AH has (AH sets a limit, then shuts it off). You simply increased RPM and manifold pressure, it's that simple. In some planes you needed a special anti-detonation element (water, MW, whatever), but that was not always the case. Some simply ran at a higher rating but at higher temps, thus was limited in the time they could run.

The way AH has it doesn't rely on these boost juices, but rather on the heat that these settings produce. AH takes the simplified approach of assuming you have these "go juices" anyways.