Author Topic: ACM for the nubee  (Read 968 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
ACM for the nubee
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 09:03:53 AM »
Originally posted by CAP1
Traveler.......where in new jersey dude?
i'm in soutrh jersey near cherry hill.......and i fly out of VAY(south jersey regional)

<>

john

When I fly now it's out of KBLM. My Dad taugh me to fly in a J3 out of Marlboro and Colts Neck.   I only fly with one or two students a year now.  Still can't make a living by doing flight instruction.  

When I was younger I was a ski insturctor at Heavenly Mt. NV.  made $100.00 an hour that same year I was getting $8.00 an hour as a CFI, go figure.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline StuB

• Zinc Member
ACM for the nubee
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 09:56:22 AM »
Great stuff.

While turning off tracers can help some with their gunnery....either by prcing them in close so they can't miss or by not alerting the potential victim that they are in danger.

Personally, I like to leave them on so I can use them to trick someone into turning...so I can catch up and have a decent chance to nail them with the spud gun.
"Facing up to 200 Russians eager to have a nibble at you, or even Spitfires, can be quite enjoyable...but curve in against 70 Boeing Fortresses and all your past sins flash before your eyes."

Major Hans "Fips" Philipp
Geschwaderkommodore, JG 1
206 Victories. KIA 8 October, 1943

Offline Vortex01

• Zinc Member
      • http://molalla.net/~reeds
Tracers and such
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 10:44:32 AM »
I like to use tracers too most of the  time, but for the new pilot using tracers can often get them into some bad habits. For one they tend to learn to walk the rounds to the target witch not only is a waist of rounds but does nothing for teaching them to lead and aim properly. That is the reason I say no tracers (for beginning) even though is seems to make killing harder, and I must state that I am asuming that the new pilot is using the lead targeting system in the TA and offline to learn the basics of gunnery, if they didn't then no tracers would be just frustrating.

As far as the basic flying goes that is planned to be on a different page that will cover take offs and landings and go into more depth in all the general flying areas. What I put on the ACM page just a quik overview of the basics so they are located in the same area for refferance.

More maneuvers: I plan on adding a few more moves so if there are any that you think will be useful please let me know, (a nice step by step description would be nice too :-)
"The green field, red barn and the lone silo, it is all that captures me eye as I fly....."  Memories of Red Baron on INN

Offline Vortex01

• Zinc Member
      • http://molalla.net/~reeds
Assistance
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 01:00:09 PM »
Also I forgot to mention that since this is a new page (and squad) if you would like to join up or just help out please let me know. Any information you have that would help fill out my page be it general AH info or flight and squad training information I would love to hear from you. Also I was planning on getting some films of the maneuvers I have up so far but any additional films that I can add would be nice too.

Thx
"The green field, red barn and the lone silo, it is all that captures me eye as I fly....."  Memories of Red Baron on INN

Offline BBStacker

• Zinc Member
ACM for the nubee
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 06:58:45 PM »
Thank you for the information. I appreciate folks trying to help out us new flyers :)
Red Fox Leader from Kit 3. Red Fox Leader from Kit 3. Skipper? Either my compass is all fouled up or we're not headed two-four-zero.