Author Topic: Film Viewer: Bug  (Read 229 times)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Film Viewer: Bug
« on: August 24, 2007, 09:24:41 AM »
The fixed view does not work correctly... You see the interior of the aircraft.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 12:15:29 PM »
Funny thing! In mine I have a fixed view (literally: it doesn't move!) of the exterior, not bound to the aircraft. It's just like a still picture of the map, with some plane passing by, from time to time.... :p
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline LPman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 06:38:15 PM »
Glad I searched before hitting submit. Was going to post this in new viewer woohoo thread in general forum. I'll just cut and paste here cos I gotta go now.

--------
Very new (1 week) and been analyzing training films with the fixed point camera. Could quickly analyze a fight with a god's-eye view from any angle / zoom and do it on the fly.

Can't do this with the new player. The scrollbars and zoom slider no longer effect the fixed camera view. Is this a bug or a necessary evil of the new cut shot feature?

Tried using the camera shot panel but gave up after figuring out that even if it's possible it would be very tedious compared to selecting fixed view and using the scrollbars and the zoom slider while watching a film.

It's possible I'm missing something so please enlighten me if I'm being ignorant. Yes I could use chase or external view but those cameras move with the target and makes it tedious if one is trying to analyze the flights of other specific planes in relation to the target plane. Adjustable god's eye view is best for that.

I reinstalled the old AH into a separate folder so I can use the old viewer.
--------

Thanks for your time. This sim is excellent. I'm already addicted.