Author Topic: drone bombers  (Read 352 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
drone bombers
« on: August 26, 2007, 02:51:40 PM »
Can someone explain to me what happens to drone bombers when Landing? I just had a trouble free landing and my drones didnt land with me. Whats happening here? I dont know what happened to them. I just flew a 1&1/2 hour mission with 17s for 3 points cause my drones didnt land.

I dont are about the points I just want to know what, and if, Im doing somthing wrong. Thank you.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: drone bombers
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 04:20:50 PM »
Originally posted by Rich46yo
Can someone explain to me what happens to drone bombers when Landing? I just had a trouble free landing and my drones didnt land with me. Whats happening here? I dont know what happened to them. I just flew a 1&1/2 hour mission with 17s for 3 points cause my drones didnt land.

I dont are about the points I just want to know what, and if, Im doing somthing wrong. Thank you.

best i can imagine, is that you need to set up your landings farther out than in a fighter. i'm generally on final about 3 to 5 miles out, and moving fiarly slowly. i'm usually slow enough to drop gear at 2k alt, which i do, as i've noticed that just below this alt, the drones, kinda dive n turn into line astern formation, then climb back to me. i've lost drones by deploying gear too low. you also need to make ALL of your turns very shallow, and gentle, sl they'll hang with you. final note, is although i pride myself on very short landings(carries over from flying real planes i think) i tend to land longer in buffs....i do this delibretly as i think i saw my drones disappear in the ground onec when i landed right on the threshold.

hope this helps ya some!!

<>

john
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
drone bombers
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 04:53:14 PM »
Your drones land even if they are not on the runway...I've tested this.

I've taken a set of 234s took them off...and landed...with the drones not on the runway...no points lost.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
drone bombers
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 05:35:54 AM »
Thanks for the replys. I was just wondering why I sometimes see the drones and yesterday didnt.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
drone bombers
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 05:45:41 AM »
A number of things could have happened to your drones. You could have turned to sharply and they blew up, they could have landed but on the grass and you just didn't see them, an enemy fighter came in and took them out (which I highly doubt but seen happen before), or like CAP1 said they disapeared into the ground for some odd reason. However, if you landed on concrete, then you can't loose any perks, even if your drones aren't on hard ground. 3 perks is all you earned on that bombing run, you didn't loose any.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
drone bombers
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 06:10:02 AM »
Once gear and flaps are down they'll go into line astern to land. Ussually if you set up a good approach and touchdown just past the threshold the drones will be farther out.

Try holding your glide just a bit longer, wait till over the threshold to drop gear, and you should see your drones slip in right behind you.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
drone bombers
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 03:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
Once gear and flaps are down they'll go into line astern to land. Ussually if you set up a good approach and touchdown just past the threshold the drones will be farther out.

Try holding your glide just a bit longer, wait till over the threshold to drop gear, and you should see your drones slip in right behind you.

now see..this is where i've always had a problem.......the drones have for all intents dov into the ground, as when they form line astern, they drop below ya then come back to co-alt.........that's why i always have gear and flaps set at 2k alt,,,,,,,,then i go for the stabilized approach.(this again probably comes from flying real planes....stabilized approach i mean...)

<>

john
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
drone bombers
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 04:07:12 PM »
Thanks guys. Thats exactly what I needed to hear. I got into a habit of using all the runway from flying that crazy 234.