Author Topic: pot and kettle  (Read 805 times)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
pot and kettle
« on: August 27, 2007, 11:47:07 AM »
in a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black the dysfunctional democratic controlled US congress calls the new Iraq govt "all messed up".

Offline Tiger

• Nickel Member
pot and kettle
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 01:01:09 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070827/ts_afp/usiraqpolitics_070827043733

I agree.  Our Congress has no business telling any other government body that they need to set their personal differences aside and get things accomplished .

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
pot and kettle
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 01:18:38 PM »
That's kind of like Iran telling someone to take their religious zealotry down a notch.
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the reaper no more fear the Lancers!
http://www.68thlightninglancers.net

Offline FBBone

• Nickel Member
pot and kettle
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 04:09:57 PM »
Well of course the will tell the Iraqi Government how to act.  Our Congress shall serve as the model.  after all, they have an 18% approval rating.  18% MAN! why, thats almost as high as the presidents rating!:p

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Trollllllllllllllllll
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 07:21:08 PM »
:)
-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline Samiam

• Nickel Member
pot and kettle
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 08:20:16 PM »
Originally posted by Tiger
I agree.  Our Congress has no business telling any other government body that they need to set their personal differences aside and get things accomplished .

Get things accomplished?!?!

That's the last thing we need. Getting things accomplished means passing legislation which means more laws which means fewer freedoms and more tax $$ going to special interests. If only they would bicker ceaselessly and never accomplish another thing.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
pot and kettle
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 08:24:15 AM »
exactly how I feel about it samiam.     The only good things they ever do is to undo what the ones before em did.

lazs

Offline Tiger

• Nickel Member
pot and kettle
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 08:54:33 AM »
By "getting things accomplished" I meant useful things such as fixing Border Security and our 'illegal immigrant problem'.

But I know real useful things like that would never happen.  Especially when they can use their time to pass pork like this:

Alaska's "Bridge to Nowhere" and Mississippi's "Train to Nowhere."

$11,500,000 to fund Pan-STARRS to develop a large aperture telescope with the University of Hawaii to prevent space objects from colliding with Earth

$4,500,000 for chitosan bandage component which utilizes natural compounds found in shrimp heads

$1,300,000 for berry research

The patriotic-sounding bill is dubbed the "U.S. Troop Readiness, Veterans' Health, and Iraq Accountability Act," but the subtitle could be, "And Don't Forget Farmers, Shrimpers, NASA and Other Regulars at Uncle Sam's Buffet."  The final version worked out to about $742 million a page.

It includes...
•  $4 million for the Office of Women's Health at the Food and Drug Administration.
•  $5 million for tropical fish breeders and transporters for losses from a virus last year.
•  $283 million for the Milk Income Loss Contract Program.

$1.2 million to study the breeding habits of the woodchuck.
    $150,000 to study the Hatfield-McCoy feud.
    $1 million to study why people don't ride bikes to work.
    $219,000 to teach college students how to watch television.

$3.1 million to convert a ferry boat into a crab restaurant in Baltimore.
    $13 million to repair a privately owned dam in South Carolina.
    $4.3 million for a privately owned museum in Johnstown, Pennsylvania.
    $2.7 million for a catfish farm in Arkansas.

I could go on and on with examples.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
pot and kettle
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 09:00:23 AM »
border security?   we have 1,000 laws on border security and hiring of illegals now...  we don't enforce em.  What good will new laws that we don't enforce do?

enforce the laws we have now.   Arrest all the employers and the problem goes away.

lazs

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
pot and kettle
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 10:39:35 AM »
Just an FYI,

Endless congressional bickering (not much different from what we have now) means no passage of federal budget. That means the country comes to a stop here. I too am ashamed at the "quality" of our congress and senate but I do know that they still HAVE to pass some things in order for us to be able to do anything.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
pot and kettle
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 02:24:36 PM »
well....  let's just have em do nothing and fund nothing for a little while and see how we do without em..   but...  if they don't pass a budget on time then we should pay no income tax that year.

lazs

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
pot and kettle
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 02:35:37 PM »
Originally posted by FBBone
Well of course the will tell the Iraqi Government how to act.  Our Congress shall serve as the model.  after all, they have an 18% approval rating.  18% MAN! why, thats almost as high as the presidents rating!:p

PWN!
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
pot and kettle
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 02:43:33 PM »
Originally posted by FBBone

depending on the poll, the POTUS has almost DOUBLE approval rating over nancy and her boys
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
pot and kettle
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 04:29:39 PM »
Originally posted by Tiger
By "getting things accomplished" I meant useful things such as fixing Border Security and our 'illegal immigrant problem'.

But I know real useful things like that would never happen.  

Watch the news more, because just this month alone..

The Democrat controlled Congress and Senate just gave our boarder patrol and extra $3 billion to put more boots on the ground. That's funding for our US/ Mexican Boarder, Bush apposed it but had to give in. (Bush said it was too much money, but the Dem's held tight and pushed it through)

That same Democratic Congress, also passed the funding to get all cargo ships scanned for nukes piror to entering the US. Same with all cargo aircraft.

The tough on terror Republicans couldn't be bothered to do the same the last 6 years that they controlled ther presidancy,senate and congress.

Illegal Immigration is an issue and I think both parties suck on it. However atleast the Dem's are working on this issue, but it's far from perfect. What did the Republicans do the last several years, when they could have passed anything they wanted? Simple answer allmost NOTHING.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 04:33:34 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
pot and kettle
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 04:51:09 PM »
The sooner we get past the parties, the sooner we can get some real progress made.

They both suck!  Get used to it.
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the reaper no more fear the Lancers!
http://www.68thlightninglancers.net