Author Topic: Moon pics  (Read 625 times)

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Moon pics
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 02:11:21 PM »
Originally posted by Jack16
The auto star is a pain to get working. First, you have to find North and have to put the scope in home position facing North. Then you have to enter the date, time,  and whether or not you have daylight savings. Then you have to choose your aligning method (not sure about you, but I have easy, one star, or two star). Then pick the star you want to be part of the alignment (except for easy, which picks the stars for you) and hit enter. When the scope starts slewing to the star, it won't be exactly lined with it. You have to complete the alignment yourself. hit enter again. If you picked the two star alignment, it'll prompt you to pick another star. Then you get a message saying if alignment is successful or not.

If you want your scope to track an object, go to setup, targets, then astronomical.
:aok

Yup, the first step is my problem believe it or not!

Since im in central/south Florida, the north star is usually within 15 degrees from the horizon for me. And where I live the horizon is either covered with tall trees or with light pollution from the city so its quite hard to spot.  Been trying the 2 degrees off the magnetic north but never could get the thing to find the 2 stars. My method has been: try alignment, 2 star method (or 3 or whatever), then I tell it to point to the moon and track it.

the scope ends up pointing somewhere but the moon hehe.

Nice scope though, its a blast to see the outer planets in such clarity. Once I get the autostar to work (aka when I finally move up north) i'll be snapping some nebulae pics.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 02:14:28 PM by Tac »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Moon pics
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 12:36:43 PM »
Stumbled across this and thought it might be of interest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1auTp6qJcM
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
Moon pics
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007, 01:37:58 PM »
Already showing a lot of improvement.

Regards,
Wab

Originally posted by Jack16
Here's my latest pick:cool:
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.