Author Topic: Katrina Related  (Read 418 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Katrina Related
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 11:21:10 AM »
Well, I'd dig out the video cam and have my wife film my rational discussion of the 4th and 2nd Amendments to the US Constitution, my law-abiding status, and my paid up and current taxpayer status with the head of the detail sent to pick up my guns.

If they failed to see my point of view, I would send her off with the film record and when she was well clear, we'd see just how badly they thought they wanted those guns.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
Katrina Related
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 11:23:18 AM »
Originally posted by storch
during every major natural disaster like that there are looters and people who will harm you to take what they want.  you need to be able to defend yourself and your stuff.  roaming gangs of thugs were driving up and stealing generators and such in parts of miami and only force and threat of death or extreme bodily harm kept them at bay.  I live in a gated community and we employ the security personnel that work our entrance but they are unarmed and really just nice folks who are also rentacops, not really much of a deterrent.

Go read up on how Charleston, S.C. handled it when they were hit by Hurricane Hugo. Didn't have to disarm anybody, and looting wasn't much of a problem. Just needed the chief of police to give general permission to citizens to beat down anybody they saw looting.

storch

Katrina Related
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 11:32:33 AM »
Originally posted by indy007
Go read up on how Charleston, S.C. handled it when they were hit by Hurricane Hugo. Didn't have to disarm anybody, and looting wasn't much of a problem. Just needed the chief of police to give general permission to citizens to beat down anybody they saw looting.
pretty much how it was handled here.  looting went way down after a few miscreants got popped and no one cared.

but if no one had shot, what then?

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
Katrina Related
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 01:55:10 PM »
this was the result of decades of liberalism - of treating people like children -  and this mindset permeated right down to the cops who confiscated guns from lawful owners, whom they obviously viewed as irresponsible children.

i would NEVER take away a man's lawful means of protecting himself and his family in those circumstances - or any person's.  and i sure wouldn't trot out my own guns because i was ordered to by someone who thinks he knows better than me.

this should be an object lesson to LA voters, but no.  they want to set up the same recipe for disaster all over again... chocolate city with chocolate voters...  liberal gov't ... and resume the welfare state... where the liberal politicians at the top can skim all they want off the backs of those unfortunates in the lowest parts of the city.  its a huge con game, and the whole freaking state is in on it.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline BiGBMAW

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Katrina Related
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 02:16:38 PM »
the problem I saw in NO...Blackwater

So they had a "private " army running secuirty..with no recourse in action against them??..wtf was that?