Author Topic: Clouds not displaying correctly.  (Read 675 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Clouds not displaying correctly.
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 11:09:45 AM »
I beginning to think heat or power problems, possibly.  Or the video card is on the fritz.  This looks like memory artifact problems with the video card.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 11:50:13 AM »
installed MBM5.  Dont see any heat issues.  Not using the overclock facility that comes with the catalyst control center either cos the heat increases pretty quick when ya do.

AH is the only app I get any graphical issues in at all and, as I say, if I screw around with the settings I can get it to run perfectly ok for hours at a time.  I just have to switch back and forth on vertex wossnaming to do so.

Havn't tried running AH on just the one core yet, will do so when I get a sec and let you know.

And as per email, I do have the AMD dual core fix installed.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 11:35:09 PM »
here Swoop , (stolen from another thread)

Originally posted by Spatula
I tried the cats that came with my X1950pro and they were producing some odd black-out transitions in AH2. Tried the latest, and i got a different odd black-out transition.

Someone suggested to use the NGO drivers. And they worked perfectly, and i got about 25-30% increase in framerates to boot!

Im using the 1.7.2 version, and it comes without the crappy new control panel too :)

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=Files&go=cat&dwn_cat_id=9&go=giveme&dwn_id=388
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 01:26:39 PM »
That's intersting Rosco.  I would like to hear the results of this Swoop, that is, if you decide to try it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com