Author Topic: Creswell, OR fly-in this weekend  (Read 138 times)

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Creswell, OR fly-in this weekend
« on: September 07, 2007, 07:44:22 AM »
Hi folks,

My EAA Chapter is having our 50th anniversary fly-in on Saturday.  If you're looking for a fun place to fly or drive, check it out.  The airport is 77S, about 100 miles south of Portland, OR.
Chapter 31 Members and friends,

The Creswell Air fair, Fly-in and Community Day is fast approaching.

This Saturday we'll start the day with pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage and biscuits and gravy from 9 to 11.

Lunch will include hamburgers, hot dogs and "tin can" taco salad.

Young Eagle flights will be offered from 9am to 4pm with a goal of 50 young eagles flown, one for every year of chapter 31's history.

Creswell airport and the Creswell chamber of commerce have arranged several fun activities and displays, including root beer floats from the boy scouts, espresso from hot shots coffee, birthday cake from Ray's Foods, Lane Community College aviation technology, aviation books from the Creswell Library, local real estate info, The Creswell Chronicle and much more.

Fly in, and enjoy some great food, show off your plane, or drive in and enjoy the festivities. All are welcome at Hobby field this Saturday

It's going to be a great celebration !

For more info, visit http://www.eaa31.org and follow the link at the bottom of the page, or e-mail eaa31@msn.com

Dave Petersen
President EAA Chapter 31
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 11:22:55 AM »
Working Saturday unfortunately...

Is Delmar Benjamin there or in Roseburg?

There was a big EAA contingent either in Creswell or Roseburg where Delmars GeeBee, the (crashed) Hughes H1 was built, and somebody there has a Grumman Albatross Winnebagoed.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 11:25:33 AM »
Don't recognize the name, sorry.  If your schedule changes, it's just a hop skip and a jump away.   :D
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 11:33:36 AM »
that's one hell of a diet you're on, Chairboy

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 01:52:32 PM »
We had a great event, with a big turnout.  We flew 112 Young Eagles.  This was the first event where I got to fly 'em myself, and it was a blast.  I took 24 kids up yesterday for the first time in a GA plane, more than half of them as their first trip in a plane period.  

If you haven't done it, I highly recommend it, it's a blast.