Author Topic: Kill Stealers  (Read 2044 times)

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
Kill Stealers
« on: September 03, 2007, 05:25:41 PM »
I was engaged with a formidable opponent in a P-51d last night and as fate would turn out, I won the match by clipping the poor lads wing.  My respect for my opponent went to anger as he somehow felt that he had any business at 10k feet, spinning out of control, to remain in the cockpit.  

Now, lets be honest.....We all have seen this before.  Nevermind that my opponent should have bailed and allocated the victory to me; but that a veteran of my country decide to follow him down and pump rounds into the defeated opponent, STEALING MY KILL!

After I gave him my 2 cents (more than that), he did what he could only do in that situation; play dumb!

So I have this idea, why can't AHII come up with a solution that when an adversaries craft becomes disabled that the victory is secured to the worthy?  What do I mean?

Ok, the victory goes to the most worthy (round pumping) after the adversaries plane does the following:

1. Engine shuts down
2. Lost elevators
3. Lost wings

When this happens, any rounds pumped into the disabled aircraft afterwards would have no effect at all.  Think of it as shooting a tree in the game; no effect.  Therefore, no stealing kills.  

SEraider
Columnist for AHII times and AP :cool:
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Kill Stealers
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 05:28:28 PM »
So a guy looses his elevator to an auto ack...and another guy rips off his wings...auto ack gets the kill?

Originally posted by SEraider

When this happens, any rounds pumped into the disabled aircraft afterwards would have no effect at all.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Kill Stealers
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 05:29:49 PM »
There is another way to look at this and, in the end, it will cause you a lot less grief. There are no stolen kills, just over zealous help. :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
Kill Stealers
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 05:32:24 PM »
Originally posted by SpikesX
So a guy looses his elevator to an auto ack...and another guy rips off his wings...auto ack gets the kill?

Great question!!  I would propose among other things a proxy?  Is that reasonable?:confused:

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Re: Kill Stealers
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 05:33:07 PM »
a veteran of my country decide to follow him down and pump rounds into the defeated opponent, STEALING MY KILL!

Kill quicker.

WooooWOOOOOOOO!!

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Kill Stealers
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 05:35:06 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
Kill quicker.

WooooWOOOOOOOO!!

I have already taken his wing out and he is spinning out of control.  What more is needed?:confused:

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
Kill Stealers
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 05:44:00 PM »
Other than stealing squadie kills, (which is great fun) it's pretty lame. Next time follow that guy around and when he gets into a situation and needs saving, just fly over him and say. Dam I would help ya, but I'm busy out looking to steal someones kills.  :D Or if he is winning a fight fly in front of him and make him kill shoot himself :)
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline CAF51

• Copper Member
Kill Stealers
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 05:50:11 PM »
The solution to any kill stealing is some good ol' team killing. :aok

Offline C(Sea)Bass

• Silver Member
Kill Stealers
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 05:51:12 PM »
yes that works so well with kill shooter on.

Offline CAF51

• Copper Member
Kill Stealers
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 05:54:15 PM »
Wow forgot 'bout that.  Shows the last time I was in the pay server.

oh yah back on topic,switch sides, then team kill... the other team... that was your team.

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
Re: Kill Stealers
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 06:01:06 PM »
I was engaged with a formidable opponent in a P-51d last night and as fate would turn out, I won the match by clipping the poor lads wing.  My respect for my opponent went to anger as he somehow felt that he had any business at 10k feet, spinning out of control, to remain in the cockpit.  

Now, lets be honest.....We all have seen this before.  Nevermind that my opponent should have bailed and allocated the victory to me; but that a veteran of my country decide to follow him down and pump rounds into the defeated opponent, STEALING MY KILL!

After I gave him my 2 cents (more than that), he did what he could only do in that situation; play dumb!

So I have this idea, why can't AHII come up with a solution that when an adversaries craft becomes disabled that the victory is secured to the worthy?  What do I mean?

Ok, the victory goes to the most worthy (round pumping) after the adversaries plane does the following:

1. Engine shuts down
2. Lost elevators
3. Lost wings

When this happens, any rounds pumped into the disabled aircraft afterwards would have no effect at all.  Think of it as shooting a tree in the game; no effect.  Therefore, no stealing kills.  

SEraider
Columnist for AHII times and AP :cool:

It's not necessary to change anything, current model works fine. You should  practice  your gunnery
Your score shows that you  have zero assists in this tour. It means that you completely missed.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 06:02:52 PM »
Originally posted by Vad

Your score shows that you  have zero assists in this tour. It means that you completely missed.

Pwnt.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 06:07:36 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
Kill quicker.

WooooWOOOOOOOO!!

To bad they removed that video....

:lol

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 06:17:33 PM »
Originally posted by Vad
It's not necessary to change anything, current model works fine. You should  practice  your gunnery

Originally posted by SpikesX
Pwnt.
Not necessarily.  His killstats page shows 5 kills that are not yet reflected on his scores page (which shows zero kills along with his zero assists).

Jury is still out.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2007, 06:18:31 PM »
Originally posted by Vad

CO Screaming Eagles