Author Topic: Interesting kill  (Read 801 times)

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
Interesting kill
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 07:23:47 PM »
My squaddy was killed by an enemy plane. Right when he died, it said "my squaddy has landed 3 kills"... wierd
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Interesting kill
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 07:59:16 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Hmmm... I DID fly a D last night, though I can't remember if it was the last plane.

Yes...you might have killed something...but not have gotten the kill yet...and logged too quickly for it to register.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Interesting kill
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 08:24:56 PM »
Originally posted by SpikesX
Yes...you might have killed something...but not have gotten the kill yet...and logged too quickly for it to register.

Now that is defenitely a no. The only Hurri D sortie I did fly was strictly anti-gv (they tried to sneak a base) with no enemy planes around at all.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
Interesting kill
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2007, 09:09:59 PM »
I know its not quite the same situation, but I can remember attacking a PT boat one time. He killed me, but as soon  I was in the tower (the carrier tower). which was only a few seconds after dieing, I got a kill on him.

And my logic is he either exploded that few seconds after I hit the tower, or some poor sap killed him giving me the kill for being closer, or in range or any of the variables that make up proxie kills.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Interesting kill
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 02:02:14 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Now that is defenitely a no. The only Hurri D sortie I did fly was strictly anti-gv (they tried to sneak a base) with no enemy planes around at all.

Just a thought :D
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Interesting kill
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2007, 02:55:21 AM »
2 thoughts...

1)  How many perk points were you awarded

2)  PERK THE CONTROL TOWER!

;)

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
Interesting kill
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2007, 08:08:16 AM »
have had it happen a couple times....Just logging in...sitting in the tower looking at the map.....A plane comes in over the field and gets vaporized by ack. Kill awarded
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Interesting kill
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 09:52:06 AM »
Have you ever heard of the 10,10 sector radar bug? These two bugs are probably caused by the same thing. Go into your Settings and find an option slider called Move Time (if it still exists). The more the slider was adjusted, the slower you moved as a person. Meaning, if you set it slowest and clicked a new base, you were literally walking there as if in a chute.

The same thing still occurs, but because our move times are set the way they are, we move faster than the video card or our eyes can catch it. When you first log in, you're in 10,10,5,5,5,5 ect and actually "run at light speed" to the lowest numbered friendly airfield. No, I'm not kidding.

This position is also somehow related to the F5 view. You'll notice if you suddenly die and your computer has a split-second of thinking time, your view will suddenly be in that 10,10,5,5,5, ect location until you hit the tower. If you press F5 and are looking around said tower, then go fly and suddenly die again, that little bit of thinking time will display you where your last F5 head position was until it gets you into the appropriate tower.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Interesting kill
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 11:11:56 PM »
Lusche is becoming more deadly! Now he doesn't even need to leave the tower to kill you!!! :O  :lol  This is quite strange.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Interesting kill
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 07:53:45 AM »
Originally posted by Latrobe
Lusche is becoming more deadly! Now he doesn't even need to leave the tower to kill you!!! :O  :lol  This is quite strange.

I was afraid this was going to eventually happen!!   :noid

Soon, he will able to "Consume us with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightening from his arse!!"

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.