Author Topic: <((S))> To Bish  (Read 544 times)

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
<((S))> To Bish
« on: March 25, 2008, 02:34:59 AM »
I know there has been countless great battles for bases no matter how good or bad the map itself is. I have been in many great furball fights for bases but this one definetly stands out to me as being best one I have been in.  All day on Sunday all the way up into the wee AM of Monday until one base finally fell. Knights and Bish had great fight for 156 and 157, each side fighting their way until over the others base, then back over to the other. It pretty much had all vehicles involved in it; Panzers, M4s, Tigers, WW, M16s, M3s, M8s, LVT2/4, Ostie , even several CV and perk planes. Frustration, swears, curses, joy, resentment, accusing and whinning was filling the sky over that little island as much as there was lead in the air, land and sea. Finally in the end, Knights were able to take the base but one big  :salute to all the bish who fought there.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 02:40:09 AM by RoGenT »
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
Re: <((S))> To Bish
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 03:11:23 AM »
I agree, that was a very nice fight.
I made tater salad with my 39 for almost the intire day.

We had a base attacking, launching gv's bombers fighterbombers. two cv's off the coast shooting 5' far onto the land, killing anyone before they got feet wet. waves after waves of fighters, and we still beat back that horde for countless hours.

Good times.  :rock

I also think thats the day i uped and slaughterd some p51d raid in my A20G, nothing like landing six "squaddie" kills.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 03:14:35 AM by BaDkaRmA158Th »
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 08:47:59 AM »
Was outstanding.... extremely enjoyable during the time I was there. It's the type fights the 80th looks for all the time. <S> to all involved on both sides.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 09:44:06 AM »
One for the record books.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 09:58:12 AM »
 Yup that was a fun one for hours. :salute
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 11:24:26 AM »
Are those the two VH bases on the bottom right hand side? If so that was the most fun I've had in a GV since I started playing.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 01:50:41 PM »
Are those the two VH bases on the bottom right hand side? If so that was the most fun I've had in a GV since I started playing.

Nope. Two A bases.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 02:27:54 PM »
can't remember which two it was but there are two V bases that had a big fight, bish there got sandwiched in when the nits took the airfield(154) south of it.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 05:04:34 PM »
Sure was, we took all the other bases around it, but could not take that one base, it finally got us at the end.

You know Rogent, I lasted for over a week, but one took the base, then the other got it back etc.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."