Author Topic: I'll be in Virginia Beach This Weekend  (Read 393 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
I'll be in Virginia Beach This Weekend
« on: September 06, 2007, 01:48:49 AM »
Hey all,

A friend and I are definately driving down to Virginia Beach for the Oceana Air Show this weekend (and thankfully, taking HER car for a change ;) ).

If any of you are going to be attending, I'd love to meet you, put some new faces to names, and buy you a few rounds :aok

We'll be leaving CT late tonight and arriving sometime Friday morning, so if you'd like to meet up, I'm going to need to know about it somewhat soon (I won't have computer access this weekend).  Just let me know, and I'll PM you my number.  You could also PM me yours, if you prefer, since I have free long distance and calling won't be an issue for me.

We're meeting a few friends who are driving up from Charlotte sometime Friday night, but other than that, we should be free for some cold beverages :)

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 02:04:40 AM »
Is Virginia Beach in Virginina? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks,

Mark
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 02:07:19 AM »
It's 3 a.m here and you've completely lost me, Mark.  I even googled the term, but on second thought, decided against clicking the links :D
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 02:53:39 AM »
Hey I live in Virginia Beach and I'm planning on going to the show. It's always a pretty good one.

Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell number. Where are you staying by the way. I know most of the decent bars to hang out at down here due to being on one of the local pool leauges.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 05:18:58 AM »
Just watch out for Gloucester, Virginia. Cops here might set up speed traps for this weekend. :noid
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline 1cajun

• Probation 1/25/2016
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 09:52:32 AM »
Wow, Gloucester Va.  Love that place.  Used to help the volunteer fireman with their pig roast every year.

No joke about the speed traps there.  If I were you I would come straight down 13 and across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.  Less cops and traffic.

332nd Flying Mongrels

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 05:19:06 PM »
Grew up in Virginia Beach.  Man, good times.:cool:
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline TripleAA

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 06:42:17 PM »
Live in Va Beach as well.. Im going.. but probably wont make it until after 12... wife ack due to yard work and all

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 01:31:11 AM »
OK to all that live in the VB area and are planning to go to the show, if you want to meet up be at the Coast Guard HH-60 helo at 1200ish. That's 30 minutes either way. I'll be in my 2006 AH con t-shirt with a Coast Guard ball cap with C2CEN / Portsmouth on the front. Big guy 6', 230lbr with a beer gut and a mustache with a scrawny red head guy next to me. That's IrishRed aka Kevin. LOL

Hope to meet a bunch of players there and maybe we can all go out to Secrets Bar and Grill Saturday night for some drinks and have some fun. That's the local bar me and Kevin hang out at. Good times.

We will provide directions for those that show to the bar.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 04:21:39 AM »
grew up in Yorktown, and played football in Gloucester. I miss the seafood. Hope to retire there one day.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Redragon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 02:08:08 PM »
I will see you and Hornet33 there at the show!