Author Topic: Training Clinic Thursday, Sept 13  (Read 379 times)

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Training Clinic Thursday, Sept 13
« on: September 10, 2007, 07:05:59 AM »
"Stick & Rudder" Clinic will be held this Thursday, Sept 13th at 9pm EDT.

An introduction to Basic Flight Maneuvers (BFM).

Terminology and how to perform 8 basic maneuvers. You must have a working controller and rudimentary knowledge of the game. Suitable for basic through intermediate-level players.

Training Arena > Bishop > Field A1 > Tune 111 vox.

Offline Hedworx

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 01:26:54 PM »
I'm going to try to make this.  I've been flying AH for a little while now, probably 8-10 months, but feel that I am in desperate need of training.  This is the only flight sim I have flown, so I'm pretty much on my first day of flight school.  The only thing that I have mastered is Enter, Enter, Enter, O.  :)
"Shunter"

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 03:10:17 PM »
Originally posted by Hedworx
I'm going to try to make this.  I've been flying AH for a little while now, probably 8-10 months, but feel that I am in desperate need of training.  This is the only flight sim I have flown, so I'm pretty much on my first day of flight school.  The only thing that I have mastered is Enter, Enter, Enter, O.  :)

Smart move, Hedworx.

This was my first sim as well, and the learning curve was truly inimidating. My biggest regret about my first year in the game is that I didnt seek out help soon enough No matter where your game is at, these guys have stuff to offer: We have trainers who excel at the beginning end, we have several trainers who have played and taught sims for over a decade, and we even have a real life military test pilot to learn from.

I can't recommend this sereis of clinics enough -- just a few concepts and skills can go a long long way in AH. Even though I've tried to read extensively, and though I ve worked with trainers repeatedly over the years, I still learned stuff listening from the tower last time Rolex held this session.  

I give 'em 2 thumbs up!
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 05:21:49 PM »
I'll be there as well.  I also want to thank the trainers very much that help out.  Very very good of you guys to assist and train us.
Jay12