Author Topic: <Salute>  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
<Salute>
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2007, 05:08:05 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
I understand where you are coming from Maverick, and appreciate the more or less reasonably stated response to my posts.  But I totally disagree that it's not the time to post such thing.  Alot of people in this thread have obviously forgotten many things.  That such unrestrained lashing out enable the Bush administration to switch targets from Osama to Saddam for one.  Such ridiculously nationalistic glurging seems nothing like emotional self-indulgence who's main purpose is to ride the rush.  I doesn't help people "not forget", nor does it serve a useful purpose.
Will you for once just STFU?!!!!   You haven't had a relevant post since joining.   You're an antagonist and a tool.   Go back to your shed.   Don't even waste your time replying, I won't see it.   You have some questions to answer when your number is called upstairs.  

Now, I want to forget this day, but I cannot.    My cousin was in the Pentagon wing that was struck by the airliner.   She was by the Grace of God in another wing since that one was under construction, so her meeting was in a different area of the Pentagon.

Also on 9/11/01 I brought my newborn son and wife home from the hospital.    I was planning on holding him and letting him know "son there is a whole world out there that awaits you."    Instead it was "this is how f**ked up our world is."

I want to forget but these two things prevent it.    <> to the Fallen and the Troops.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 05:14:20 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
<Salute>
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2007, 07:09:55 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Also on 9/11/01 I brought my newborn son and wife home from the hospital.    I was planning on holding him and letting him know "son there is a whole world out there that awaits you."    Instead it was "this is how f**ked up our world is."

Now that's a birthday to remember.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
<Salute>
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2007, 07:39:13 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
You have some questions to answer when your number is called upstairs.

Masherbrum:  Speaker for God.

Passing strange that the guys calling for the genocide of muslins and to nuke untold multitudes of innocent civilians get a by from you, but not that guy that at worst is being antagonistic.  I think that says a hell of alot more about you then it does me.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 07:42:02 PM by Thrawn »

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
<Salute>
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2007, 09:26:15 PM »
Thrawn,

I, for one, have not called for genocide I spoke against it.  However to come into a thread of remembrance and attempt to turn it into a political thread is not really called for.  

May I suggest you start your own thread and state your own opinions?   That way if we choose not to look at or respond to it that is our right.

I don't know if you're a US citizen but if you are I've lost friends and family that died protecting your right to say what you think.  If you're not then please show a little of the class and respect that the rest of the citizens of the world accuse the average American of not having.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
<Salute>
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2007, 09:41:53 PM »
Originally posted by Denholm
Now that's a birthday to remember.
He was born via Caesarian on the 8th.    I brought them both home on the 11th.    When I went to my parents to show them Ian.   Their neighbor came over.   He at the time was an Assistant Chief with a Local Police Department.   When you see him, a Marine and Cop 50 years old crying, you know you've seen a lot.  

We celebrate his B-Day on the 8th.    But on the 11th, there is ALWAYS an eery feeling in the house.   We don't talk about it, but we know it's there.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
<Salute>
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2007, 10:05:42 PM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy
I, for one, have not called for genocide ...

Geeze louise...

Make an offhand remark about killing a billion people and you're considered a pariah.  Touchy touchy..
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
<Salute>
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2007, 10:16:24 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
Make an offhand remark about killing a billion people and you're considered a pariah.

As you should.

However, you're only a pariah if you're non-muslim. They get a pass because they don't know any better or something. I forget exactly why.

Anyway, when they say stuff like that you just have to understand them.

OK?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
<Salute>
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2007, 11:01:37 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
However, you're only a pariah if you're non-muslim. They get a pass because they don't know any better or something. I forget exactly why.

How many muslems have called for genocide in this thread?  Hell how many have made posts in the history of this BBS calling for genocide?  I'm going to guess none.  But if they did, I would give them **** for being evil morons as well.

Offline Tigeress

• Silver Member
<Salute>
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2007, 08:02:24 AM »
There is a time for reflection... and a time for war.

Remembering our dead is reflection; fighting our enemies is war.

We can and should do both, imho, not one or the other.

TIGERESS

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
<Salute>
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2007, 09:09:29 AM »
How many muslems have called for genocide in this thread?  Hell how many have made posts in the history of this BBS calling for genocide?  I'm going to guess none.  But if they did, I would give them **** for being evil morons as well.

Written to the editors of Al-Jizz lately?

:)

I thought not.

You have to admit the Muslims generally get a pass when they scream about killing all the infidels.

Just because they don't post here doesn't make that untrue.

As for the people posting here about indiscriminate slaughter, I thought this covered that pretty well:

you're considered a pariah.

As you should.
[/b]

Should I have said "As you should be" to make it more clear?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
<Salute>
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2007, 03:51:18 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Written to the editors of Al-Jizz lately?

:)

I thought not.

Used to back when I was reading lots more news than I am now.  But not for well over a year.

You have to admit the Muslims generally get a pass when they scream about killing all the infidels.

Perhaps, but maybe for different reasons than you may think.

Just because they don't post here doesn't make that untrue.

Sure it's true, but what would be the point of it besides howling at the moon.  At least as far as censuring them on this BBS is concerned?  Habib the ****ed up Saudi extremists would not be impacted in anyway by it.  All it might do is reinforce associations with some people here that I don't particularly want to associate with.

On the other hand, the tards calling for "nooking" and genocide her I can at least communicate directly with.

Should I have said "As you should be" to make it more clear?

I usually require giant arrows as well.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
<Salute>
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2007, 04:44:00 PM »
Perhaps, but maybe for different reasons than you may think.

So if I have the correct reason and then my virus idea might be ok?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Carrel

• Copper Member
<Salute>
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2007, 09:11:22 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
OK...

I have had this thought for a while now, never posted it.

If you could design a lethal contagious virus that had -- say about a 30 day dormant period, and anybody who ate pork was immune, and let it go in Mecca during the Hajj...

Naw forget I ever said that...

Hmmm...not a bad idea....we could also set it loose on Israel and kill all the Jews too. A two for one deal.

:aok

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
<Salute>
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2007, 10:47:45 PM »
Does nobody read the "Naw forget I ever said that... " part?

Novelists and scriptwriters come up with ideas all the time that could kill millions.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 10:54:57 PM by Holden McGroin »

Offline Carrel

• Copper Member
<Salute>
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2007, 11:24:44 PM »
Yup. Hitler wrote a book.