Author Topic: GV & Manned Gunnery Damage friendlies?  (Read 334 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
GV & Manned Gunnery Damage friendlies?
« on: September 12, 2007, 12:26:29 PM »
As far as I can tell, you cannot shoot a friendly airplane while in flight ( I know this from folks spraying my six and the con's six in front of me).  So can a GV's fire or manned gunnery position fire accidentally impact and damage friendlies?  I think I accidentally damaged a friendly coming off the runway the other night with a manned gun position (was firing at enemy con when it occurred).  I saw my teammate's plane visibly shudder with the impact and start to smoke.  Please advise, if I need to change my shooting habits to avoid friendly fire incidents.  Thanks for any and all info!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 12:29:50 PM »
I'm not sure about from manned ack, but I'm reasonably sure that gv fire acts that same as in planes, i.e. you shoot green, you die.

Good question about the manned ack, though.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 12:31:58 PM »
It is impossible to damadge a friendly anything. If you shoot a fiendly gv/plane in a gv/plane then you will take the damadge. The only exception is in a manned gun. If you shoot a friendley while in a manned gun then nothing happens, neither you nor the friendly will take damadge (unless this was changed during the update).

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 12:38:49 PM »
i know for a fact I've taking damage from Auto Ack on take off atleast 10 or 12 times. only happens when cons are on the deck and all the ack is shooting at head level.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 12:42:56 PM »
Ah yes I forgot that. That sucks, you just takeoff and you die to friendly auto ack.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 12:50:59 PM »
Ok to sum it up so far, If I shoot a friendly in a GV/Plane then I receive the damage?  Manned guns, no damage for either myself or my teammate?  Auto Ack kills indiscrimanately?
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 12:57:53 PM »
Yup you got it. You shoot a friendly while you are in a gv or plane then you will receive the damadge. Shoot a friendly while you're in a manned gun and no one gets any damadge. If your field ack is shooting, be careful you will take damadge if hit by it just like any ack.

Killshooting fights are fun though :D .

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 12:58:13 PM »
Originally posted by waystin2
Ok to sum it up so far, If I shoot a friendly in a GV/Plane then I receive the damage?  Manned guns, no damage for either myself or my teammate?  Auto Ack kills indiscrimanately?

Sounds about right. as for the AA, for it to only happen to me 10-12 times since last Nov really is a small fraction. Just seemed to come at the worst time but didn't out right kill me, just caused me to go ahead and land it.