Author Topic: Keyboard cycles and film viewer freezes since new patch  (Read 290 times)

Offline Trog

• Nickel Member
Keyboard cycles and film viewer freezes since new patch
« on: September 05, 2007, 03:26:44 PM »
2 things since new patch

1.  On climb out or whenever, (i don't have to be touching anything) the keyboard, joystick and throttle will cycle through dropping all my bombs missles drop tanks and the recorder will suddenly turn on and off and i think a screenshot goes on and  off,  after seems like my joystick has to be recalibrated.
Has happended 3 times now in 17 hours of online time

2.  Film recorder will freeze screen for several seconds or so when first turned on then after seems like no problem. Also i have been discoed when i use the recorder.

The above were not an issue prior to patch............Any Suggestions?
Trog
71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Offline Trog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 08:19:05 AM »
This patch did not correct my problem.

My screen will freeze for a couple sec, everything cycles through, my guns go off, bombs or drops release, film recorder comes on and my plane dives toward the ground like in a spin.

Happened 3 times last pm. My whole system cylcles through for some reason. It has never happened out of game. At times i can recover if i have some alt, if i'm low i auger or will die in a fight as when i recover i have lost advantage.

This started after the previous patch, no prior problems with game.

Any suggestions? I'm getting pwned by my own computer now:furious
Trog
71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 01:25:41 PM »
Sounds like you computer may have been infected with some spyware/malware.  The game sounds like it is getting arbitrary input from something other than where it should be getting it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Trog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 02:03:07 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Sounds like you computer may have been infected with some spyware/malware.  The game sounds like it is getting arbitrary input from something other than where it should be getting it.

Ok Skuzzy,  this weekend i will clean it up run adware/spybot, all my cleaners and see what happens.

Tnx for letting me know where to start with this issue, appreciate it.

One thing i forgot to tell you is when it happens it will film the episode. When i open the film up it says 0.00 and when i hit play it will give me a "not responding " and i have to ctl alt delete and end process.
Trog
71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 02:07:04 PM »
The film recorder should record any inputs to the game, which appears to be happening here.  You just have to find out where the errant inputs are coming from.

Could be a sticky key on the keyboard or on the stick.  If you are running any stick management software, it could be coming from that as well.

Just some other thoughts.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 02:11:12 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 02:52:32 PM »
The pause you get starting the film in flight could be from having too many films in your film folders. Clear out your films folder, make a new folder called films2 or something and save them there.

Offline Trog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 12:47:38 PM »
To wrap this up

I used spybot (92 issuses cleaned), last i used was 7-31-07 (didn't think it was that long). defraged and ccleaner. I went through and got rid of half the films had close to 200 and renamed them ah films 2. All this did not get rid of the problem. I removed x52 software and no change.

BTW on the x52 why can't AH map controllers use the wheels and mouse buttons for functions other than rpms/throttle and such. (oops for another forum/topic).

I checked all my wires and found the usb loose on the back of the computer from the saitek and when jiggled  it did the same thing. Problem fixed. Either i did not put it back in good from a couples mos ago when i cleaned the dust bunnies off or from my dog who likes to sit under my chair by the computer when i fly.

Tnx again Skuzzy and tnx Fugi my Film recorder doesn't freeze up anymore when it starts.
Trog
71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF