Author Topic: so what am I missing here...  (Read 688 times)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
so what am I missing here...
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2007, 03:20:07 PM »
I get all my news from FARK.com
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2007, 03:24:34 PM »
I get all my news from The Lazs Daily Sun, and the National Lazserer!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 08:48:34 AM »
skyrock... I thought you got all your info from the squeakers in the general forum?

The best part about this one is the people who violently disagree with me and all the different topics.   If these people didn't come here I would have to seek em out.

As chair says... it is pretty boring stuff to go to a forum where everyone agrees with you... and.. you pretty much learn nothing.

lazs

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: so what am I missing here...
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 08:59:11 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2

Follow the links.... you can pretty much ignore "news" that is not linked but..  if someone says something and links it.. you can be sure someone else will link to the opposite view...

My contention is that this BB is unlike any other.. at least, none other that I have seen...

It has an attitude... a "prove it" attitude... a soundbite won't get it.  Name someone who hasn't learned something from this one.

lazs

Spot on.
and thats what keeps me comming back.
the views and counterviews. points and counterpoints.
Links and counterlinks.
And Who unto you if you cant back up a claim.
Its great!

Reguardless as to if our views are changed, We become more informed then your average Joe Blow on the street.

I cant tell you how many times I've heard someone IRL spout rhetoric That I've been able to spot and point out that there was little to no basis of truth to the statement.

and the blank look on people faces when you prove it to them. is priceless LOL
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2007, 09:21:58 AM »
I get a lot of news from this BB. Indeed I learn a lot just researching rebuttals to some of the more outlandish 'news' some of you guys post.

I've had my views modified by stuff I've read here, indeeds Lazs himself has changed my viewpoint on a couple of things.

Also I have found out that I'm more right wing than I pretend to be but not as right wing as some people who think I'm a lefty, liberal, pinko,gay, commie, eurotrash, Americahater.

It is entertaining this BB.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2007, 09:25:50 AM »
Aw.....I've missed you guys.

Ahem.  I mean, aw, I hate you guys.  Sorry, went all soft there for a sec.

storch

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2007, 09:37:20 AM »
yup lazs is correct about this BBS obscure as it is the divergent viewpoints offered up on any topic will give one a pretty balanced look at any current event and often times have an influence on one's overall world view.

Offline Druss

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2007, 12:54:15 PM »
I also agree with Lazs. Being multi-racial (English/Norweigian crossbreed) and native american (born in U.S.A.), I can go do no better than to seek out all the juicy controversies on these pages!

I do miss S.O.B. and Lt. Drunky from the old days, though.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2007, 12:57:55 PM »
Originally posted by Gh0stFT
AH BB is one of my daily visits, but frankly i cant remember one BBS Topic
who actualy changed my mind on anything. It ends allways into
"i know it better" or so.

If you would just listen...
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2007, 02:32:02 PM »
Yep... and just having...or saying you have, impressive credentials is not enough to coast on.... Not to name names but moray is a good example of someone who is new and tried to bully a few threads with

" I am just so much smarter and better educated than you that I don't need to prove anything...  anyone who doesn't agree simply isn't as smart."

People here don't go for that.. they want to see anyone... no matter who...back up what they say..

almost as important tho.... the real crap... the stuff that is on the news for days... anna nicole... oj and britiny spears latest...  those things are here too but ... I get all I need to know about em in a few lines.   I am current... but not subjected to a talking head going on and on for weeks about it.

lazs

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2007, 02:43:18 PM »
There's more to the O'Club that just news links and political debates/arguements/poop slinging. Pretty much every hobby imaginable.. there's somebody on this board that probably does it, and usually, is deeply into it.