Author Topic: Evicted from FSO last Friday  (Read 501 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Evicted from FSO last Friday
« on: September 18, 2007, 10:04:58 PM »
Could anyone tell me what I may have done wrong last Friday. I was evicted from the SEA  for 60 minutes without any explanation.

Sure would appreciate it.

Getback

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 10:31:18 PM »
Getback,

I don't know the exact circumstances surrounding any removal you may have suffered Friday night, so let's get some questions answered and see if we can find out what happened.

First off.. the logs show that you vanished without a trace about 2.5 minutes after launching.  The logs also show that you were not in a registered squad.

What FSO Registered squad did you belong to before the event started?
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 06:14:06 AM »
ROCAF 46th, QQSaint signed me up prior to lift off. I was in a p51b.

Wasn't a whole lot of communication. I thought I may have selected the wrong plane.

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 06:23:18 AM »
If you are just added to a squad's membership, then you need to exit the arena and come back in before the roster shows the change.  I'm not saying that's what happened, but it is a known issue.  The other work around is to have the squad CO change the name of the squad after the invite is sent and accepted.

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 07:09:30 AM »
Originally posted by Getback
ROCAF 46th, QQSaint signed me up prior to lift off. I was in a p51b.

Wasn't a whole lot of communication. I thought I may have selected the wrong plane.

Ok, according to the setup CM, he contacted you via blue text and eventually used the warn command to bring your attention to not showing in a squad.

Did you see these transmissions?  Did you attempt to respond?  

The Setup CM did not receive a response from you or your CO concerning your status, so after a brief moment in time you were ejected.  

I understand others were for the same reason.

If you see blue text directed at you, or white private text, or receive a warning, and you don't understand why, you must contact the Setup CM directly via private message to aknowledge or explain.

Failure to respond leaves the Setup CM no choice but to assume you are an outsider that is not registered and whose motives are unknown.  

The Setup CM is responsible for maintaining the arena for 300 people and to keep it as clean as possible.  They are too busy to spend 10 minutes chasing somebody down to find out why they are not complying with the rules that all squads abide by.  

Please understand that this action was taken to maintain the integretity of the event and not as a personal attack.

I hope that explains it.
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 07:30:44 AM »
I'm satisfied.

Never saw any warnings though and I was glued to the monitor.

Thank you,

Getback

Offline Gaidin

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 07:38:28 AM »
It is the best practice to coordinate with a registered FSO squad a day or so prior to the event so that these issues do not occur.  If you wish to fly with this squad for the upcoming frame, contact that CO and get him to invite you to his squad in the SEA prior to Friday.  This will ensure that when you reenter the SEA on Friday that you show up in his squad and that you have coordinated prior to the event.  The practice of walking into the SEA just prior to the event and asking for a squad to let you fly with them is a far cry from the best answer, being there are no walkons allowed in FSO.

Gaidin
Death is but a doorway to life, only those who fear life fear its opening.

Ingame: 68Gaidin

Proud Member of the CM Team
FSO - Admin

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 08:42:45 AM »
You are, of course, are correct.

That's put a post out there to see if I could get into a squad.

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 05:54:54 PM »
GetBack, thank you for your cooperation with the FSO Rules. It goes so much smoother for everyone involved when the guidelines for participation are followed.

I am the current Setup CM for Bankok or Bust. I was the one who expedited your departure from the SEA in the last frame. I keep very detailed notes on these matters because I hate to eject players in this event. I sent a Private Message to you followed by a Blue Text warning. I sent several General Warnings over Blue Text as well for all players to check the roster to ensure proper squad affiliation. After T-/+0, I sent a warning message to you for squad affiliation again. I got no response. In the interest of the other 300+ players, I have no choice but to remove players, with no squad showing on the roster, who do not respond to warnings or inquiries.  

If you, or anyone else, have questions during a frame, please don't hesitate to tune VOX/Text 202 and speak directly to the Setup CM. We are very flexible and will help to work out a solution as long as we are privy to it.

Thanks for your understanding. Look forward to your participation Friday!

« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 05:58:32 PM by REP0MAN »
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 06:45:30 PM »
Thanks Repoman,

I believe you when you say you sent it. I just didnt see it. My only question is why was I evicted for 60 minutes. If relogging was the solution I could have come right back in. I was already signed up for a squad. Just didn't realize that I needed to relog.

Anyway, no need to respond to the question. Its more of a suggeston.

Again thanks for your reply.

Getback

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 08:12:39 PM »
The key is to have your name appear in the roster as a member of the squad you're in or flying with.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 09:01:19 PM »
rgr that ForHim.

I use to know that but forgot. My error.  After reflecting on it, I was trying to communicate with the squad that just signed me up, getting squad channel, plane type, etc. It was frustrating. I figure since I was so focused on that I missed any warnings.

See yas Friday..... I hope