Author Topic: Scaling and .salvo/.delay ?'s  (Read 416 times)

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
Scaling and .salvo/.delay ?'s
« on: September 18, 2007, 08:45:32 PM »
Hey guys, I have a few question for you all.  For a while now, I have found myself lining up for a nice shot D350 or closer, and then the guy will jinx a little or start a hard turn.  For the most part on the jinx's, I find myself over correcting to much, when I only need to move my cross hair a little to get back to the correct amount of lead, etc.  I have read the trainers thing on scaling and what not, but I don't really understand it.  Which direction do I have to move the sliders so that when I move the stick say 3/4 of an inch or less in any direction (and especially for the rudder) that it only moves it a little bit.  I tried messing around with it, but I couldn't really get it/understand it.

And the next question is, what does .salvo and .delay do?  Does it just select how much of which ord is dropped with each individual release, and the time before the next one can be released?  

Thanks,
donkey
2sBlind

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Scaling and .salvo/.delay ?'s
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 09:16:24 PM »
Originally posted by DoNKeY

And the next question is, what does .salvo and .delay do?  Does it just select how much of which ord is dropped with each individual release, and the time before the next one can be released?  

.salvo X  = number of bombs per drop
.delay 0.XX = time between individual bombs in each drop
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 12:20:33 AM »
Move the sliders down for less movement, up for more.  You'll normally want less movement toward the left side of the scale (initial input) and more toward the right of the scale (last bit of input).  Krusty did a pretty nice write-up on it in this forum.  Do a search.

What Lusche said re: salvo and delay.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 07:44:31 AM »
The lower the sliders are in to the left, the less sensitive the stick will be in the center. But you want to make sure they go all the way to the top at the right.
So if you pull the stick full back you can get maximum deflection.

Try something like the picture below.

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 09:54:05 AM »
Thanks everybody!

donkey
2sBlind