Author Topic: Ava Development group  (Read 2023 times)

storch

Ava Development group
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2007, 01:40:32 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
You guys are labeling anyone looking for a fight a furballer.  That is not true.  Furballers look for a furball to pick as many planes they can before they die.  I and a lot of the regulars are not going in the AvA to furball.  We go there for the occasional good 1 vs 1, 2 vs 1, 2 vs 2 etc.  Don't confuse looking for a good fight with furballing.
dang boy, I'm very proud of you.  that hit the nail on the head.  very good description dedalot.

storch

Ava Development group
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2007, 01:42:44 PM »
Originally posted by Dux
For me, "historical" means limited planeset... whatever is appropriate for the scenario that week. I think that's the only thing that should be different from the MAs. Any restrictions beyond that will drive people away.
and has been.  lord knows we need some gentlemanly rules but beyond that nothing.  the only exception I would make is the limit to number of bases that can be captured so as not to reset the arena.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Ava Development group
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2007, 01:50:03 PM »
Originally posted by storch
dang boy, I'm very proud of you.  that hit the nail on the head.  very good description dedalot.

STOP IT!!!!:furious   You are giving people the impression that we are friends  :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

VWE

Ava Development group
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2007, 01:55:57 PM »
Is that like Rush Limbaugh giving credit to some liberal democrat who goes on to get shunned by his own?

storch

Ava Development group
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2007, 01:56:08 PM »
na, five minutes in the arena will surely convince them otherwise.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Ava Development group
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2007, 02:00:28 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
Is that like Rush Limbaugh giving credit to some liberal democrat who goes on to get shunned by his own?

:rofl

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
Ava Development group
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2007, 06:46:53 PM »
As long as you don't use the AvA as a dueling arena, fine. Base captures? lol Is not the AvA supposed to be historical and not like the MA? Diversity is good, if you want to take bases, go to the MA, if you want to match up for good fights, go to the dueling arena, if you want historical fights, go to the AvA.

Is there anything wrong with that? Or do some of you just want to ruin the AvA for some reason that completely eludes me.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
Ava Development group
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2007, 02:09:23 PM »
One thing that mess up the AvA arena for sure, is the constant change of maps and planesets. In the MA you change maps but all planes are always available. In the AvA you change maps and planesets, it can go from a US, GB vs GE setup to a US vs JP setup, which would throw off anyone who want to fly GE planes, like me and the squad I'm in.

Concerning the MA I'd rather see a country vs country setup like there is in Fighter Ace but I guess that won't change since all current maps are built the way they are plus the planeset for each country would have to be fairly balanced and the community probably don't want it either. Old habits die hard. So the MA is where most of the action is today, simply because you can fly anything you want and that's where you find most ppl logged on.

What I mean is, for players who want to be in the AvA and fly a certain country, it's not possible to go there on a regular basis. Since the maps change and with it the planeset and countries, you are forced back into the MA. If you remove the AvA arena and in its place set up a European war arena and a Pacific war arena, you might see more people in those arenas on a regular basis. I for one would only fly a European war arena, if there was one.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 02:18:52 PM by 33Vortex »

Truth has no agenda.

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Ava Development group
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2007, 11:50:16 PM »
That would be a neat idea, to have a Pacific arena and a European arena.

I don't know if it would attract anymore players, but it's a neat idea.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Ava Development group
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2007, 01:00:54 AM »
The more things "change" ... the more ....

Ahem. ;)

Hmmmm .....

I miss you, honey. :D

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
Ava Development group
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2007, 04:30:59 AM »
Yes Arlo, your statement is entirely true, the constant change in the current AvA is a problem. :p

I can't imagine people are going to miss the current AvA.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline Tiger

• Nickel Member
Ava Development group
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2007, 11:32:55 AM »
Originally posted by toonces3
That would be a neat idea, to have a Pacific arena and a European arena.

I don't know if it would attract anymore players, but it's a neat idea.

My memory is not as good as it once was, but wasn't that a setup on AW?  If I recall it worked pretty well.

Split the AvA arena in half, have a ETO arena and a PTO arena.  That would allow the hardcore, I'm dedicated to this country's planes to always have a scenario running in the AvA.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Ava Development group
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2007, 01:13:11 PM »
Originally posted by Tiger
My memory is not as good as it once was, but wasn't that a setup on AW?  If I recall it worked pretty well.

Split the AvA arena in half, have a ETO arena and a PTO arena.  That would allow the hardcore, I'm dedicated to this country's planes to always have a scenario running in the AvA.

Yeah, well, where are those people now when their country's planes are in the setup?

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
Ava Development group
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2007, 01:30:03 PM »
Yeah, well, JG11 has been there a few nights recently trying to stir things up, but it's difficult. The arena needs a jumpstart to get things going.

Build it, and they will come. ;)

Truth has no agenda.

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Ava Development group
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2007, 01:41:03 PM »
Funny.

You know Dedalos, I logged in the other night.  I only stayed because you were on and I wanted to fight you.  Thought cannons might give me the edge to beat you finally.

After our fight I was on my way back out.  I flew halfway to England, sat over the channel and even posted my location and altitude on 200.

There was either a 2v1 or 2v2 going on about 5-10 miles away, so I patiently waited out of icon range, waiting for somebody to die and disengage so I could participate.

Eventually I see the two red dots headed my way.  In the process of banking and looking around for them, I inadvertently climbed to GASP! 7k from 5k.

I see on 200, "Is that Dedalos over there cherry picking in the 109?"

Might have been a joke, I dunno.  Turns out you had logged.

Had a fun fight, got shot down, and logged myself.

Funny.  I waited out over the water, posted my position and altitude, stayed out of a 2v1 until it was complete, DIVED DOWN TO 5K BEFORE THE ENGAGEMENT, and still was accused of cherry picking.

I'm not even sure how this is relevant.  Not sure what my point is either.  I wonder how much fun it was for Mr. Cherry Picker comment to play with himself though.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila