Author Topic: Sony  (Read 354 times)

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Sony
« on: September 23, 2007, 01:49:51 AM »
Sony quality today has gone deep south IMO.   Back in the 80s/90s they made some of the best audio and video hardware.  Sony today is overstretched - Not only they have audio/video department, they have PC, mobile phone, and gaming departments.  Too many departments must be the reasons why some of sony consumer-grade products are mediocre to sub par (except for my Sony MDR 7506 PRO headphones, Sony still makes 7506s but very hard to find these days:D )

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Sony
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 03:08:40 AM »
I agree... in the 90s they were among the best, but now they just annoy people with funky software and so-so build quality.

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
Sony
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 03:13:47 AM »
before I buy a "no region code", well thank you I wish to play my euro ps2 games PS3. is Heavenly Sword any good?
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Sony
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 09:37:25 AM »
Id like to import some PS2 games from Japan since their selection of games are a lot better then the ones here.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
Sony
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 12:06:52 PM »
Sony PS2 Controllers aren't made well either open them up and see what I mean

Offline Regular

• Nickel Member
Sony
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 05:58:48 PM »
I always bought Realistic.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Sony
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 06:39:32 PM »
I had the stereo stolen out of my car.  It was replaced with a mid-high range Sony.  The sony is a POS.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Sony
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 06:58:07 PM »
Originally posted by RAIDER14

I constantly open mine to get the broken pieces of the shoulder buttons out. Especially L1 and R1.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Sony
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 07:04:53 PM »
Originally posted by RAIDER14

Mine says "Made in China"

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Sony
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 07:31:19 PM »
Don't eat the chips. You'll wind up like lazs.

Remember when the Discman was the be-all and end-all of portable electronics? I shelled out $300 for my first Cardiscman, and only $250 for the second one. CD audio in my truck, or whereever I went? Little shiny discs that didn't warp, wear out, get tangled inside the deck, and they cost the same as cassettes?!? Holy crap, this is the coolest thing EVAR!

Yeah, times have changed a bit. I used to love Sony stuff, not a fan any more. Had a few car and home audio components in the last few years that were ****. Didn't the old guy who was around for their big boom in the US pass the torch or pass away or something?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Sony
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 07:50:55 PM »
The worst thing about Sony is that much of their stuff is grossly overpriced.  Compare features and quality of a Sony camera to a Canon or Nikon and you can spend 50% more for a camera that’s simply not as good.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Sony
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 08:00:06 PM »
Had two Vaio laptops in work this week. Got money for fixing one this evening. Another one still in workshop, have to save data and settings.

After spending about 10 hours totally to get all the drivers, after figureing out the hardware configuration of that "miracle of hostile technology", where the name on the lable is just to confuse you (there is no such model according to all their international websites, bloody partisans!), I understood that 1500 roubles I asked for fixing the damn soap-box was not enough.

The only experience worse then this I had with Dialogue Flybook, when Google showed me links suitable (as it thought) for my barbaric country, and I could find info about H/W configuration and drivers only with the help from Wolfala who googled it from the US and got the link I needed on the first page of search results...

I had to drink 2L of strong beer (8%, White Bear Strong) to finally understand what i need to do with that piece of excrements. It's amazing. Making a piece of equipment and keeping it secret, making anyone wonder what the hell it has inside!... The problem was quite typical: my client's son just reinstalled XP on a working machine.... And, as usual, there was no driver and software disk.

/*Boroda sends the ray of anal cough and mental itch to Sony*/