Author Topic: Baytown, Tx  (Read 239 times)

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Baytown, Tx
« on: September 25, 2007, 06:47:41 AM »
I'm in Baytown, Tx for the new few weeks as my brother works at an oil refinery.  Baytown is right outside of Houston.  I'd like to do some fishing, can anyone give me some tips on some good saltwater spots around here?

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Baytown, Tx
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 09:02:08 AM »
I can`t give you any fishing honey holes, but I can tell you to look out for the skeeters.
You will recognize them right off. They will have invasion stripes. :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Baytown, Tx
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 10:39:07 AM »
I found out this morning that Baytown sucks for fishing.  Theres no beach to speak of, and the water is too shallow for bank fishing.  I might drive to Galveston or Beach City here in a couple days and try fishing in the real ocean.  I did see about 50 oil rigs packed into a 1 square mile area in the bay.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Baytown, Tx
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 11:23:36 AM »
It's never too shallow for dynamite.

Just sayin'
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Baytown, Tx
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 12:39:01 PM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
I can`t give you any fishing honey holes, but I can tell you to look out for the skeeters.
You will recognize them right off. They will have invasion stripes. :)

He aint kiddin about those invasion stripes...

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
Baytown, Tx
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 12:52:31 PM »

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Baytown, Tx
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 02:34:37 PM »
You get some nice fish around oil rigs.  They may have 3 eyes though.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Baytown, Tx
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 03:18:08 PM »
Drive down to Texas City and go out on the Dike. Jump on 146 and head south through La Porte, Seabrook, Kemah on down to this map

Shrimp is available right before you get on the dike or at the facility at the end of the dike. The facility at the end is cool for night fishing on their piers at a small fee. Some big reds are caught there.

Lake fishing on Lake Houston or just below the damn is pretty good too.
Or take I-10 east past to Trinity river and fish under the bridge.... you can go past that bridge to first exit and there is a long road to a park where you can fish the river from their piers (take bait as none is available at that park). They have covered picnic tables and pits there too.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 03:24:42 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
Baytown, Tx
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 03:39:38 PM »
Had to make a phone call for this one. Have a buddy that does amatuer kayak fishing tournaments. Said you could catch some decent reds right off the Galveston seawall. Said something about the San Luis Path (pass?) was real cool at night... but I have no clue wtf he's talking about.