Author Topic: Lazs wants to end women's suffrage!  (Read 6649 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Lazs wants to end women's suffrage!
« Reply #330 on: October 12, 2007, 02:41:46 PM »
Nope... I have a great deal of freedom..  I am not in the union by the way... I took the best deal.   If a contract company took/takes over it will not affect me in the least... I will run the place in any case.  

how do you figure that I gave up freedom for security?  

I would get more money from a contract company but would be too far behind the curve (too old) to make it work as well for retirement..  I would have to take the additional money and figure out a creative way to invest it.    I have always taken the best deal.  

I did accumulate assets when I was a private contractor tho.  I would have gotten by no matter what.

If I could get welfare I would take that too... I would take back any of the money the government extorts from me if I could.  

I would be happier of course.. if they just made a smaller government and took less from me.  When I get a chance to vote on it that is what I do.

If we go to socialized medicine it won't be because of me... I am against it but... If money is being extrorted from me to pay for it I will try to get as much out of it as I can.   What would you do.. just tell em no thanks?  Do people in canada who are against socialized medicine just do without in protest?

I am not a martyr.

I might dabble as a private consultant when I retire but I would really rather not work at all.   I could consult for city governments or private firms.. the money spends the same.

lazs

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #331 on: October 13, 2007, 09:26:46 AM »
well... i vaguely remember something about you calling out your union rep about political contributions... did you get promoted from the field and into management?

as for freedom, the public work place must be a rather harsh environment for someone with such robust opinions... no?

for the rest of what you wrote... don't we all just weigh the odds and take the best deal for long term survival, women included?

but you crack me up tho... when you vote for less govt... just make sure they don't chop the part you want to be a consultant for.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #332 on: October 13, 2007, 10:06:37 AM »
torque... I have been both a private contractor and worked for government... I will survive no matter what is out there.   I will continue to vote for less government every chance I get..  Local government is a little different than state and federal tho of course.

The union thing.. I can opt out entirely but... the union negotiates for everyone.. I had no part in them getting in... I would have them out if I could but.. they are in sooo..

I pay the portion that is used to negotiate contracts.. I don't have to but it is fair... I am not represented by them otherwise.

less government is better... I have proven that I can get along without it.   I have proven I can work with it if I have to.  Consulting would more likely be coming from the private sector tho.   Engineering firms and package plant owners.

Package plants are still a form of government tho in the respect that a group of citizens must maintain a facility.. they would hire me and it would come out of their homeowner "fees" (polite for taxes).  

That is how cities work... everyone in town pays a "fee" for a service and we are hired to provide it... in fact... my facility and infrastructure is not part of the general budget.   it is a whole other budget... an enterprise fund.

If you have to have government... this is government at it's best.... every dollar taxed goes to the service... the people running the service are responsible for doing and explaining the budget and other services can't take from it.

All government should be like that... you want roads?  tax gas or whatever and put that money into a fund that is open to all to audit and spend the money on roads... roads only..

you want welfare for food?  put a tax on food and put the money...etc etc.

People could then see how much each service cost them... government at it's best.

lazs