Author Topic: NFL Throwbacks...  (Read 171 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
NFL Throwbacks...
« on: September 28, 2007, 07:30:59 PM »
I think they are getting a little bit of a bad wrap...

First...I'm kind of biased, My Team is the Steelers, and I loved the throw back here. Personally it looks BA, and the only I would probably change is the color of the helmet...Needs to be black. I know the motive for the look here and it was to be a combo of all the Steeler Teams throughout History.

Second, we have the Eagles. This one got the worst reviews. But... I like it. I like the Blue and Yellow, and I think it really was different and creative. I know nothing about the history of it, but I think it looks cool.

And last and definitely least the Dirty Redskins. But for as much as I hate them I still think the uniforms look cool.

What do you guys think? I think the AFC North (minus Ravens) are all supposed to where throwbacks at some  point this season, some other teams I would like to see wear throwbacks would be the Seahawks, Patriots and the Colts.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
NFL Throwbacks...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 07:58:31 PM »
I dont get how a team named the "Eagles" would use Green,Yellow OR powder blue as colors.

But hey Im a Vikings fan. and while I like the color combination. I dont understand how they use purple and gold either
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
NFL Throwbacks...
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 08:21:10 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
I dont get how a team named the "Eagles" would use Green,Yellow OR powder blue as colors.

But hey Im a Vikings fan. and while I like the color combination. I dont understand how they use purple and gold either

I do know, during World War II the Eagles and the Steelers Combined Forces and became the Steagles. That may be where the got the gold, but I'm not sure.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
NFL Throwbacks...
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 08:51:55 PM »
I didn't like the throwback uniforms that the refs wore in SB 40. Frankly, they were too obvious. :p

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
NFL Throwbacks...
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 08:58:49 PM »
It Hurts doesn't it. I bet you still remember how you cried yourself to sleep that night.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
NFL Throwbacks...
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 09:20:16 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK

The eagles blue and yellow uniform comes from before they became the eagles.  I believe they were the Blue Hornets or something like that.  That was 75 years ago.

During the great depression, store owners would sometimes split up shifts so as to hire more people.  Communities liked these store owners, so they would put up a Green Eagle sign in the shop window so as to draw sympathetic customers away from shops that didn't split up shifts.

And the Hornets became the Eagles after the hornets went into a couple of years of dormancy.

Of course, I learned this after the game.  Much to my surprise, the eagles were not wearing their standard colors, but possibly the gayest colors in all of Professional Football History.  The colors matched Donovan McNabb so well.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
NFL Throwbacks...
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 09:21:55 PM »
I was lucky to have McNabb, Curtiss, and Westbrook on my fantasy team last week :D

Got me about 95% of my score.

(Yeah it was a Aces High league)
(Beat the guy like 150 to 20)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
NFL Throwbacks...
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 11:02:40 PM »
Star and stripes. The Cowboys don't change much.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.