Author Topic: F4u Vids  (Read 678 times)

Offline odin3

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.vmfblackjacks.com
F4u Vids
« on: September 24, 2007, 05:10:56 PM »
hey is there any f4u videos i can watch to learn.. i fly that mostly now. like it better then the jug and would like to see some vids to get the idea how to fight better in it.. anything would help.. thanks guys.

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
F4u Vids
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 09:37:00 PM »
By "f4u videos" do you mean AH films?  

I could email you a few, but don't have any way to post them on the boards.

Looking for anything in particular?

MtnMan
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline odin3

• Zinc Member
F4u Vids
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 09:54:04 PM »
Originally posted by mtnman
By "f4u videos" do you mean AH films?  

I could email you a few, but don't have any way to post them on the boards.

Looking for anything in particular?

MtnMan

yes AH films and just tactics. showing moves, just stuff to learn from.. you can email me at odin3@sio.midco.net  thanks

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
F4u Vids
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 04:01:32 AM »
Sounds good.  I'm on my way to work now, but tonight I'll try to send you a few.

MtnMan
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
F4u Vids
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 04:04:06 AM »
I sent you a few...

MtnMan
MtnMan

Offline odin3

• Zinc Member
F4u Vids
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 06:19:50 AM »
o.k.thanks i'll check them out.

Offline loonetik

• Zinc Member
F4u Vids
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 12:42:38 PM »
can you post them somewhere so we could all see them?

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
F4u Vids
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 06:21:11 PM »
I'd love to, but don't know where to host them.

Can anybody steer me to a free site that will host them?

MtnMan
MtnMan

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
F4u Vids
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 06:37:31 PM »
I'd love to, but don't know where to host them.

Can anybody steer me to a free site that will host them?

MtnMan

Happy to host them for you...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
F4u Vids
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 07:36:11 PM »
Thanks Snaphook!

I'll send them your way!

MtnMan
MtnMan

Offline loonetik

• Zinc Member
F4u Vids
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 08:05:51 PM »
Thanks MtnMan

Offline what'shisname?

• Zinc Member
Widewing
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 05:46:45 AM »
Widewing has a very informative films stash of instructionals.  Ask him about it.

re:

F4u Vids

hey is there any f4u videos i can watch to learn.. i fly that mostly now. like it better then the jug and would like to see some vids to get the idea how to fight better in it.. anything would help.. thanks guys.

VMF-441 Black Jacks

Cannon Fodder

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
F4u Vids
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 11:16:34 AM »
Thanks Snaphook!

I'll send them your way!

MtnMan

Sorry for the delay...MtnMans Clips

I couldnt add content over the weekend so I grabbed these from work. I just uploaded the entire zipped file. I've flown with and against Mtn fairly often and he's an excellent hog driver. I'm partial because he's an aggressive stick most of the time. While you can have success with the hog either way (and patience is often a virtue) the hog is one of the best "change up" planes in the game and being able to go from E to angles and back is a real key IMO...of course I havent seen any of these so this is just a generic comment....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Re: Widewing
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 11:31:05 AM »
Originally posted by what'shisname?
Widewing has a very informative films stash of instructionals.  Ask him about it.

re:

F4u Vids

VMF-441 Black Jacks

Cannon Fodder

Films are a great help....

But use the assets we have, why watch WW when you can learn FROM WW (or any of the other trainers). To me the order is simple...

1) TA time 1st...once you've had some good 1 on 1 with a trainer the films help more since you "see" things better...

2) Film study....

3) DA.....film and record. you'll pick up alot on your own and might get a trainer to critque one or two (time permitting). Then post them here and let the peanut gallery help out. The DA also has alot of great sticks who can help you as well....

rinse and repeat....3-4 cycles and you'll be far ahead of 75%+ of the MA.

As a final note do not worry about "how do I fly the X". The simple reality is that 85%+ or more of ACM is not plane dependent. While there is no question that plane specific knowledge does help the reality is that most ACM issues are conceptual and more often then not you make the same mistakes across all types...you might lose 5% of your fights because the other guy is "uber" in his ride...but you lose 85% because you didnt get the most out of yours (I give 10% to the plane vs plane).

I had a few A-20 hops last night and at one point someone commented that I fly the A-20 like a Nikki....no I fly it like an A-20. I just get alot out of what the A-20 can offer (and cobia and a few others can get even a bit more) and to the best of my abilities I stay away from its weaknesses...

The hog is a great choice to learn and it does have "tricks"....but flown correctly without "tricks" it'll match up with anything. Invest the time in the TA to learn good ACM fundementals early and you'll have alot more fun over the long haul....

Offline odin3

• Zinc Member
F4u Vids
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 01:36:19 PM »
hey humble. thanks for the advice and i'll try filming and have someone take a look at it.. i've trained with wide wing before and he's helped me out tons... showed me what everyone else ive talked to said couldnt be done... everyone says that the f4u isnt a turn fighter, but found i can out turn a spit.. its cool.. :)  

But sad to say i havent had time to fly this week cuz of work *sigh* so i just worked on a website for my squadies...