Author Topic: Bombers In KOTH  (Read 782 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Bombers In KOTH
« on: September 15, 2007, 10:01:51 PM »
If we are going to fly bombers like the B-25 you need to have ALL views enabled. The B-25 is a bomber, not a fighter. Even tho it has the option of attack scoring, it is still a bomber, thus the "B" designation and it being listed under the bomber catagory in your clipboard.

I have no problem if you want bombers, but you need to have all views enabled. It's only fair to be able to see who's behind or below you.

Also, I heard a CM say "collisions MAY be on, you never know". That's wrong as well. Either turn them on, or turn them off. Be consistant in your rules.

I have been flying in KOTH since the early days with BigMax as the CM.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 10:10:12 PM by rpm »
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
Bombers In KOTH
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 10:54:17 PM »
There's no rule against jumping into a turret to get a look around.
-AoM-

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Bombers In KOTH
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 11:42:22 PM »
You are correct. But, if you are going to keep SA you can't go jumping into a turret in mid-loop to watch your attacker.

The B-25 is not like the D3A with a glass superstructure. You can not see behind, below or to the right side from the pilot position. KOTH is suppossed to be a fighter competetion. In the past a very few bombers (A-20, D3A and Stukka) have been allowed. All had F3 enabled or had glass cockpits to the best of my recollection.

Just saying this is not the spirit of KOTH as I have known it for the last 5 years. Be fair, be consistant, be honorable. That is what KOTH is all about.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Bombers In KOTH
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 01:20:20 AM »
For those who were not there, the reason I am so upset about this is not for an attack advantage. I could not see Blukitty below me when a nojoy was called and later shot Blu down.  I did not see BK until BK was engaged with another over 5K out. Had F3 been enabled I could have looked below to check my SA before the fight began and clearly seen BK was within No Joy range.

If you want a freaky dogfight competetion then have one. KOTH is not the platform.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Bombers In KOTH
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 06:42:19 PM »
The general rule in KOTH is if the majority of KOTHers want somthing, we tailor it to them and add it.
I can never remember external views being on. That is probably the one exception in the 'similar to the MA settings' thinking we use. We use the same fuel burn as MAs do, 2.0 as an example.

If the majority of KOTHers want external views in bombers/attacks propose that we turn it on and if the majority say external on, we would probably turn them on. That's my opinion and it's only valid this year of course, in 2008 it will be AKDogg's show to run. This majority I mention is also meant to mean players who actually fly during KOTH and not the vocal few who have to chime in and voice their opinions on anything just to be heard.

Personally I do not want any external views in any planes. KOTH is a you against everyone else event. You do not have the assistance of using any guns but ones the pilots can use and shoot. The reason external view is enabled in MAs is to represent the gunners eyes and of course they see all around your plane. In KOTH we ONLY have the pilot so you loose that benefit of the gunners perspective. Just my lame opinion.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 06:45:15 PM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54