• Nickel Member
Night!
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2007, 03:06:05 PM »
I miss night time

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
Night!
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2007, 03:15:12 PM »
Night makes it harder to see your enemy, which means you need to be paying even more attention to what you're doing.

Night is the time when Lancs really should be operating, night time bomb drops would be tough, but would create the need for planes to mark targets (new flare ords could solve this) for night drops which could promote more teamwork.

Even having 10 minutes of night would be enough I think.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline JimBeam

• Copper Member
Night!
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2007, 03:40:03 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Night = avoiding fights. Night = only fun because you want to sneak up unseen and shoot AFK cons. Night = avoiding all detection, avoiding all enemy that can remotely have a chance of harming you, do something without any danger to yourself.

Night = for strat porkers that don't wanna get caught while bombing defenseless targets.

Night = for folks that don't want to lose a fight to an enemy, so they fight at night where the enemy can't see them (while they jack their gamma up through the roof to see highly washed out colors).

You can do all that offline, with the same results. The offline drones never see you coming. Oh, and they're no threat to shooting you down so you can bomb all you like.

Remember, night = when 90+ percent of the arena logged off. Hell even DUSK caused most of the server to log. I know. I was there. I logged with them.

Night = lame.

EDIT: When HTC locks the gamma and automatically compensates for individual monitor bright/gamma settings, counters video card control panel color adjustments, and locks EVERYBODY into the same level of darkness, then talk to me about how fun "night" is.

NIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTT IIIIIISSSSSSS FFFFFFFUNNNNNNNN
JimBeam 367th "Dynamite Gang"

"In my experience JimBeam never goes down easy" -wil3ur

Pilots...looking down on people since 1903

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Night!
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2007, 04:04:33 PM »
Was fun to do the odd night time sortie, but in geneal it sucked bad.

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
Night!
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2007, 04:39:58 PM »
Night = avoiding fights. Night = only fun because you want to sneak up unseen and shoot AFK cons. Night = avoiding all detection, avoiding all enemy that can remotely have a chance of harming you, do something without any danger to yourself.

Wow, sounds like reality to me.
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Night!
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2007, 04:42:21 PM »
_mostly_ boring reality

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
Night!
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2007, 04:45:15 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
_mostly_ boring reality

I know it doesnt foster the" mindless furball, have to land 8 kills" mentality. But hey, that not the only one in there ya know. ;)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Night!
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2007, 04:52:25 PM »
Dont care much for the massive furrballs containing lalas, nikis and spits myself. I mostly nibble on them and move on to fights higher up. I just dont wanna fly around until i happen to stumble on someone within icon range and having to turn gamma up to sneak a kill ;)

Night time is heaven for milkers, strat bombers and pork-n-run guys tho. Maybe EW or MW arenas could get nighttime :D

Offline 68Boomer

• Zinc Member
Night!
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2007, 05:06:03 PM »

Night = for strat porkers that don't wanna get caught while bombing defenseless targets.

Night = for folks that don't want to lose a fight to an enemy, so they fight at night where the enemy can't see them (while they jack their gamma up through the roof to see highly washed out colors).

You can do all that offline, with the same results. The offline drones never see you coming. Oh, and they're no threat to shooting you down so you can bomb all you like.

Remember, night = when 90+ percent of the arena logged off. Hell even DUSK caused most of the server to log. I know. I was there. I logged with them.

Night = lame.

EDIT: When HTC locks the gamma and automatically compensates for individual monitor bright/gamma settings, counters video card control panel color adjustments, and locks EVERYBODY into the same level of darkness, then talk to me about how fun "night" is.

Fair Weather Pilots?????

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Night!
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2007, 05:09:08 PM »
Originally posted by blkmgc
I know it doesnt foster the" mindless furball, have to land 8 kills" mentality. But hey, that not the only one in there ya know. ;)

Uppity landgrabbers make me giggle :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
Night!
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2007, 06:51:43 PM »
^^ have no Idea even how the "landgrab" deal works in this game. Try again. :)

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
Night!
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2007, 08:12:20 PM »
if night sucks then why does everybody love it on Xmas eve
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Night!
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2007, 09:29:22 PM »

Yep, dont find that in the "day" in AH at all.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Night!
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2007, 09:56:36 PM »
OK...IMHO "NIGHT" should only be used on Christmas Eve when Santa is flying thru the MA's ...loaded with multiple Vulcan cannons. Did I mention a speed of mach 1.0? :D Did I mention 6,000 rnds?  

C'mon Hitech...give us an "Evil Con Mission" in abstensia this year :D

Merry Chrismas :aok

OK NB...you can ask for EW/MW "Evil Sleighs too" heehee
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 10:00:47 PM by Max »

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Night!
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2007, 11:20:42 PM »
u pansies.  Nigt time fighting actually took place in WWII,  I say let there be darkness :D
Hitting trees since tour 78