Author Topic: the map joke is getting old  (Read 2374 times)

Offline dogtooth 967

• Zinc Member
the map joke is getting old
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2007, 03:05:58 PM »
NO comment, except for this one

1.) THESE maps suck. :O

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2007, 07:52:58 PM »
I dont mind the maps per se. But it sure sucks being a heavy bomber group...stuck on a Pizza map (big map arena was too full for us).:huh
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline JimmyZ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2007, 12:03:34 AM »
Originally posted by Max
FT map's been done? Did I sneeze and miss it/them? Are you referring to Trinity and Donut? That's not the concept I referred to.

Take the 3 center pond bases of Donut. Eliminate all other bases. Eliminate all bomber hangers. Establish all field acks as mannable. Eliminate the "war has been won" perkies. Get rid of all tanks, leave the Ostis and M-16's. What you have left is an air combat ONLY arena. That to me, is the very nature of Aces High.

My guess is that a lot of the vets who left for one reason or another, would return for another peek. Best part, everyone's happy. What has HTC got to lose? If HT leaves everything else as is, and simply creates the concept I described, he's sitting on top of a WIN WIN situation.

Go to "that other sims'' arena list page and you'll have the answer as to why it's not all about the fight. They eliminated or nerfed every single thing but the "fight". Working for them really well. (/sarcasm off)
You're describing the exact reasons most of the bomber groups and anybody who enjoys strategic planning left "that other sim" and came to Aces High in the first place.
484th (BGH) Anything with less than 4 engines is a fighter.:D
AHXARL: USMC/71 Racing team

CTHULHU 2008 "Why vote for the "lesser" evil?"

Offline A8texas

• Zinc Member
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2007, 05:43:41 AM »
Personally I'd love to see the large maps back in rotation, in their original form without a base capture order. But if you think maps get stale now, you'd all be crying for a manual reset with the large maps just like it used to be when they were online. [/B][/QUOTE]

The 90/40/40 rule would allow for easier big map resets.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2007, 06:17:26 AM »
Originally posted by A8texas
The 90/40/40 rule would allow for easier big map resets.
I'm just going to guess it's either very early in the morning or very late at night where you are. :)

In the cases of Trinity and Compello to reset these maps you'd need to take 34 bases from each country (68 total) while stopping those countries from taking 9 of your bases.

In the case of OsKansas you'd need to take 28 bases from each country (48 total) while stopping them from taking 7 of yours.

Now compare that to the small map NDIsles. Your country needs to take 9 bases from each country (18 total) while preventing the other countries from taking 3 of yours. When NDIsles is up it seems to take forever to reset.

I don't see the 90-40-40 rule making it easier to reset large maps.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.