Author Topic: New MA terrain: CraterMA  (Read 13059 times)

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Re: New MA terrain: CraterMA
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2009, 09:37:56 AM »
There are no barges on the map, just roads and railways.
Good man!  :aok
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2009, 09:46:06 AM »
Just to add to your work...

When you use the ‘Standard’ button (Field Setup Menu) to enable planes, go back and disable the ME163 and RV8 at all fields. Then enable the ME163 at one of the uncapturable fields for each country.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2009, 10:28:05 AM »
Oops, I already disabled the Me163 but forgot to do the RV8.

I've fixed the SBs and can collide box problems, didn't take as long as I expected although there are about 1500 lines in the oba file.

Also I have created H PT spawns for all the coastal airfields and V fields. I put them right offshore the towns and V bases which should make things interesting if the VH rebuilds during a CV attack.  :t

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2009, 11:03:40 AM »
Quote from: NHawk
Spawn points DO have the can collide box checked. And it should remain checked. While I don't think it makes a difference I would have to talk to Skuzzy about it to be sure that unchecking the box has no affect. Until I hear otherwise, it should be checked.

SBs SHOULD NOT be Hard Gun Bat. That was an error on my part. They should be Gun Bat. I just had a discussion with Skuzzy about this before the holidays to confirm it. But I forgot to change it in the Wiki. In the MAs, the gun bat types do not work the way people think they do.

We know Skuzzy never makes a mistake, ;) so clearly you miss-heard him about the Shore Batteries. Set one as you suggest and shoot it with a single Panzer round.  :O

I'll also stand by my no collide statement, but good catch on the 163 and RV8.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2009, 11:05:06 AM »
Thanks NHawk. I've found the relevant setting in the oba file for the can collide box. It should be a lot quicker to change the SPs over from there. I'll change the SBs back over too. There are no barges on the map, just roads and railways.

Now you're catching on. :aok
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2009, 11:55:22 AM »
We know Skuzzy never makes a mistake, ;) so clearly you miss-heard him about the Shore Batteries. Set one as you suggest and shoot it with a single Panzer round.  :O

I'll also stand by my no collide statement, but good catch on the 163 and RV8.
You cannot. At least not in the MA. If that were the case then he changes the settings on every map submitted by myself and a few others to Hard Gun Bat and doesn't tell anyone.

Don't get me wrong, in offline mode that is the result. But I contacted him about an error I was getting when they were set as Hard Gun Bat and the end result was that they are supposed to be set as Gun Bat. And that HT was going to look at the whole situation.

Quote: "Actually the term "Hard" does not mean what you think it means.  It is a very different set of parameters applied to the battery."

Edit: I just sent an email about these topics again. If he sent me in the wrong direction, I'll be revoking his pizza and beer privileges for a month!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 12:39:50 PM by NHawk »

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2009, 01:01:31 PM »
Thanks NHawk, I was just about to PM Skuzzy myself but won't bother now. Its a shame they didn't put all this stuff in the helpfile to start with. Your work on the Wiki should make things much easier in future, perhaps Skuzzy could link to it in a sticky post in this forum.

I have kept a backup of the old oba file (once bitten, twice shy) :) so I can easily restore the terrain if need be. In the meantime I'll run through Easyscor's pre-submission checklist.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2009, 01:26:36 PM »
Quote from: NHawk
Edit: I just sent an email about these topics again. If he sent me in the wrong direction, I'll be revoking his pizza and beer privileges for a month!

Skuzzy's going to be very cranky this month.  :)
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2009, 02:31:38 PM »
Skuzzy's going to be very cranky this month.  :)
I'll be very cranky this month if that's the case. You have no idea how much this affects me.  :mad:

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2009, 02:53:35 PM »
 :lol Tell me about it.

arden09 has 1589 spawn points and 265 Shore Batteries. Then I have roughly equal numbers in niemen and spain. Even avasml had two airspawns plus about the standard number of ground based ones.

Fortunately, I don't build my terrains with much hand work.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2009, 02:12:59 AM »
I've run through the checklist and everything seems OK. I'd just like one thing confirmed though.

The field linking shows up in the TE, both on the map and in the menus. However it does not show up on the offline game's map. You can also destroy the map room at one of the uncapturable fields and it will be captured. Now I tried the same thing on another terrain and the field order did not show up offline on that map either. Am I right in assuming this is normal for the offline game?

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2009, 06:43:51 AM »
You are correct, uncapturable fields do not work offline.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2009, 02:28:39 AM »
Any news from Skuzzy yet on the SB and SP settings? The terrain is ready to be submitted apart from this.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2009, 05:45:54 AM »
Nothing yet. I'd submit it since the settings you're using are common to every terrain I've submitted and there's never been a problem.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2009, 07:55:05 AM »
I didn't point Skuzzy to this thread figuring one of you did. FYI
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001