Author Topic: new type of kill category  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: new type of kill category
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2009, 04:51:58 PM »

No.

I'm sayin some (not all) guys will fly literally a "couple" sorties in fighter mode and get get a fantastic KD, Kph, Kps score and Stop flying in fighter mode the rest of the tour.

To protect that fighter score, they will fly the rest of the tour in "attack" mode.

They will shoot down mostly planes and very few if any ground targets.

If you're gonna shoot down planes, it should be in fighter mode.

Its that way with bombers for example, you only get credit for hitting  ground targets.

There are guys who can take down a formation of bombers in 1 or 2 passes,yet if you're defending said formation and you get lucky enough to shoot one of these guys down you will receive no credit for those kills. Ground only.

Again its just my interpretation of the word "attack" as it is proposed in this game to mean "ground attack", otherwise it just might as well be in fighter mode.

Imho the attack mode is being misused.

Just like in the bombers, if you happen to get a ground kill, yaay! If you happen to shoot down a plane? Tough luck, it doesn't count.

If you should choose to check out the stats, I think you will find quite a few guys with a few "fighter sorties and with correspondingly low scores and their "attack" scores will show 150 air kills and 3 ground kills.

I don't think the "attack" mode is being use as its description might imply.

I don't think I can make it any clearer than that.

No big deal, just sayin.
Hmm...well maybe Ground Attack and Fighter Attack might fit somewhere along those lines?
Ground Attack: GVs, PTs, buildings, the like, ONLY.
Fighter Attack: Planes, GVs, NO BUILDINGS.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2009, 06:21:18 PM »
Hmm...well maybe Ground Attack and Fighter Attack might fit somewhere along those lines?
Ground Attack: GVs, PTs, buildings, the like, ONLY.
Fighter Attack: Planes, GVs, NO BUILDINGS.

Vultches should go in the attack category.  after all, they're still on the ground.

:P   :noid   :rofl 

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2009, 07:56:00 PM »

Lmao!

It would bring outcries of biblical proportions!!

How will i protect my fighter score!!!!

And am I wrong in assuming that "Attack" means "ground attack" ??

I think its being taken advantage of and is just as bad as spawn camping to beef up your score.

The minute you load any bombs onto your plane the sortie should be scored as "attack' only.

And only ground targets count.
Why, boner, I had no idea you had begun catering to your inner score potato.

You are wrong that attack means only ground attack, at least in this game.  If I drop my two bombs on a town and then fight off 5 different aircraft trying to protect my goon -- why should either my bombs or my 5 kills be denied me? I've done both, correct?
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2009, 08:17:32 PM »
Then why bother having an "attack" category at all?

With the exception of bombers ( which don't get credit for killing planes) why not just have a category called "Plane", and do what ever you want with it.

I always assumed that "attack" mode meant ground attack. Killing Gvs, ack, buildings etc.

And "fighter" was for killing other planes.

If you can do it all in attack mode, why bother having a fighter mode? :rolleyes:
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2009, 08:23:38 PM »
If you can do it all in attack mode, why bother having a fighter mode? :rolleyes:
My point exactly.   :rofl

Late War Tour 110 Fighter Scores for SWtarget
 Score   Rank   
Kills per Death + 1 0.00 0
Kills per Sortie 0.00 0
Kills per Hour of Flight 0.00 0
Kills Hit Percentage 0.00 0
Kill Points 0.00 0

Late War Tour 109 Fighter Scores for SWtarget
 Score   Rank   
Kills per Sortie 0.00 0
Kill Points 0.00 0

Late War Tour 107 Fighter Scores for SWtarget
 Score   Rank   
Kills per Sortie 0.00 0
Kill Points 0.00 0
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2009, 08:29:50 PM »
Geeeez, I think thats STILL better than mine! :aok

:salute
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2009, 08:19:42 PM »
Then why bother having an "attack" category at all?

With the exception of bombers ( which don't get credit for killing planes) why not just have a category called "Plane", and do what ever you want with it.

I always assumed that "attack" mode meant ground attack. Killing Gvs, ack, buildings etc.

And "fighter" was for killing other planes.

After last night, it occurred to me we need another caveat--if you get kills with more than 25 countrymen within 2k, NO POINTS FOR YOU! :aok
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 11:33:36 AM »
Over 300 posts in less then a month...... Are they all this silly?

camp kills .. any kill say within 3000 yards of a spawn your defending would be a considered a camp kill.  you get credit for the kill but no perk points would be awarded. and wouldnt way in on any stats you have. air or ground.

Don't worry new person, once you get the hang of it, you won't be spawning into a camped situation.

:aok
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 12:32:08 PM »
there was no less then 10 people at the spawn plus 5-10 AC .. before i could even turn my turret i was dead.. matter of fact most of the time i didnt have time to even try to turn my turret and i was dead.  i hit N and then i was back in my hanger.

i dont mind them killing me. thats not the issue and if you read what i wrote.. you get credit for kills just within 3000 yards or fair distance from spawn would be considered camping kills .. 

the only people that do this is for thier score and perks. so by moving said kills to a new category it will show who really isnt a score potato and actually trying to defend their base.

What about the people that sit on the base and wait for incoming?  Are they camping at their spawn?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 12:34:30 PM by ToeTag »
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009, 05:28:50 PM »
<sarcasm>How novel</sarcasm> another proposal based on worrying about how others got their score.

Offline Dm6

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2009, 05:52:39 PM »
and your wrong i am not DR

oHHH MY.............. :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl   why would DR. care about how someone else gets their score.......  Spawn camping doesnt do as much for score as killing a couple hundred buildings......

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2009, 12:53:26 PM »
Not sure I follow...are you saying folks get fighter stats by egging gv's with combo planes?

For an example, look at Biggamer's score for this tour and look at Tr0jan's score last tour in the Mid-War Arena.  Can't get a better example than those two, who will tell you that they never play for score or rank and it comes as a natural progression of their 'skill'.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song