Author Topic: SHIP'S LOG / CAPTAIN'S LOG  (Read 593 times)

Offline Killaron

• Zinc Member
SHIP'S LOG / CAPTAIN'S LOG
« on: March 25, 2009, 04:04:05 PM »
Well first and foremost, I wish that there was a time limit that was mandatory that kept people from switching Sides all the time, like three days or something, or the whole tour even, switch during a tour, your're stuck there till the end of the tour.  Also if you're in a squad and you wanna switch, the C/O should have to switch, allowing squads to utilize squad vox  cross/country seems like just asking for trouble. If not make the CO move, then disable their ability to communicate via squad vox in between countries like that. Also a Ship's Log would be real helpful, just something that showed a list of everyone who had taken control of it and a timestamp, maybe even put the kill/respawn times of the fleet on there too. I'm sure you can see where i am going with this... Keep the game fun, don't let it get gamed.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: SHIP'S LOG / CAPTAIN'S LOG
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 05:08:12 PM »
The time limit is 60 minutes I believe, this accounts for side balancing.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 05:11:46 PM »
I'm sure you can see where i am going with this...

zOMFgoSHEZsP13ZZZZORZZ???

Paging Banshee7 and Billy Mays. :D
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 05:26:10 PM »

:furious

:rofl

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 07:58:44 PM »
zOMFgoSHEZsP13ZZZZORZZ???

Paging Banshee7 and Billy Mays. :D
Reporting in. :D

Also a Ship's Log would be real helpful, just something that showed a list of everyone who had taken control of it and a timestamp, maybe even put the kill/respawn times of the fleet on there too. I'm sure you can see where i am going with this... Keep the game fun, don't let it get gamed.
Personally I dont like it, this would limit my ability to spy. The other day I wrote "Stodd" with a cv and the knit dictatorship threatend to report me and the "leauge of spies that I work with" if I do not release command of CV immediatly. 10 minutes later, completely by chance a lone con started to flash the CV group as it was passing by, dear god you should of seen knit country channel explode. :rofl :rofl

Wait till ROX views this thread. :D
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 02:00:36 AM »
......five-year mission "to boldly go where no man has gone before."

Squads are not as organized as you might think.  So -2 No extensive time limits ..... country changes occur for various reasons that don't involve espionage.  Mostly, I visit with old squadees or just good old friends.  My old CO had young kids that used his account and would switch for the same reason.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 02:19:05 AM »
OMG Stodd LMAO people are so cool these days

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 04:48:54 PM »
Also if you're in a squad and you wanna switch, the C/O should have to switch, allowing squads to utilize squad vox  cross/country seems like just asking for trouble.

In my squad the C.O. (for lack of a better word) doesn't control us. We do what we want, when we want. When we want to fly together we do. If we are in a different country having fun so be it. Why should he switch countries if he doesn't want to? And even if squad vox was disabled and I was in a different country I could just call him and tell him where the CV is. His number is pinned to the cork board right beside me.  :D You want to get rid of kiddie spies? Have HT start charging $1.00 per hour to play.

FYI Usually I switch to the low number side when I log on now and sometimes switch again during the evening if the numbers swing a lot.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Killaron

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 06:32:09 PM »
In my squad the C.O. (for lack of a better word) doesn't control us. We do what we want, when we want. When we want to fly together we do. If we are in a different country having fun so be it. Why should he switch countries if he doesn't want to? And even if squad vox was disabled and I was in a different country I could just call him and tell him where the CV is. His number is pinned to the cork board right beside me.  :D You want to get rid of kiddie spies? Have HT start charging $1.00 per hour to play.

FYI Usually I switch to the low number side when I log on now and sometimes switch again during the evening if the numbers swing a lot.

I never said he did "control " anyone. He is however the keystone of the squad infrastructure.

The squad  vox is a convenience factor, makes it possible for much more highly organized forms of treachery to be done with ease.

When people are used to working together they become more effective as a whole, and switching so often would seem to destroy unit cohesion and effectiveness, IMO.

1 dollar an hour to play, lol AH2 would be a barren wasteland. You cannot stop human nature. You cannot stop people from  taking advantage of the system to try to "game" it to their advantage. Such is the temptation that lies with competition. You can however limit the ability to game it with ease. I would have to say that the way it is set up now, it invites skuldugggery.

At the very least, the ability for a newly transferred countryman to control the cv could be temporarily revoked, stopping the off in the middle of nowhere cv trips, and critical moment turns into shore batteries or PT spawns, or away from dry spawn.

Frankly i think it is rediculous to expect to be able to switch countries with such frequency, for any reason. You wanna visit old friends,what is wrong with staying there to play with them for a few days. A full tour even.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 07:05:12 PM »
Frankly i think it is rediculous to expect to be able to switch countries with such frequency, for any reason. You wanna visit old friends,what is wrong with staying there to play with them for a few days. A full tour even.

Killaron,

Main arena country balance is important enough to game play that HTC implemented game mechanics to encourage players to balance the roster numbers (with perk bonuses).  When that did not work, they implemented a penalty against the higher numbered country when it gets too far out of balance (ENY limits).  Change country time limits must be short not only to allow, but to encourage players to help balance the country rosters.  It's that way for a reason.

As far as CV command, I would very much like to see a time limit imposed on taking command after recently changing countries.

Offline Dm6

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 10:11:08 PM »
Instead of cv command based on score ... mabye have a rank system for cv command.... you rank starts over if you switch sides.

<S>